Ghost of Tsushima [PS4], Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut [PS4, PS5]

I am not worried about the graphics, Infamous is still one of the best looking open world game on PS4, and it's a 2014 game. But I am kinda worried about the gameplay. We haven't seen much compared to like TLOU2 where we have actually seen tons of gameplay and feedback from people who have played the game, all of them praising the gameplay.

Technically the only feedback from GoT I heard of is from Shu. :)

But I like what I have seen so far, it's going to be a spectacle, that's for sure.

I am not worried about the graphics, Infamous is still one of the best looking open world game on PS4, and it's a 2014 game. But I am kinda worried about the gameplay. We haven't seen much compared to like TLOU2 where we have actually seen tons of gameplay and feedback from people who have played the game, all of them praising the gameplay.

Technically the only feedback from GoT I heard of is from Shu. :)

But I like what I have seen so far, it's going to be a spectacle, that's for sure.

But Shu have the platinium trophy on BloodBorne, I have full confidence on his judgement.

All the Suckerpunch games were by and large very gameplay-focused and rather fun to play, so I'm not too worried. That said, they were also a bit by-the-numbers and not particularly wowing in terms of gameplay. Really solid games all in all, but I wouldn't call any of them classics either. Maybe this'll be the one to change all that. (just not in Sony's critically acclaimed I'd rather-be-an-emmy-winning-tv-show way, please. It's okay if your game is too complicated for Dean Takahashi, Suckerpunch)

looked great, apart from animations that where a bit stiff.
But their stream quality (on youtube at least) was poop !
covid bandwidth cap on live streaming. They should upload a higher resolution one soon for on-demand.

Looks interesting, I like the time setting. I love the environments, the ending was really nice. The gameplay reminds me a lot of Assassin's Creed Origins a touch, with some modified QTE one-hit kills.
Kinda cool.

covid bandwidth cap on live streaming. They should upload a higher resolution one soon for on-demand.

Looks interesting, I like the time setting. I love the environments, the ending was really nice. The gameplay reminds me a lot of Assassin's Creed Origins a touch, with some modified QTE one-hit kills.
Kinda cool.

Agree it's about the only game on PS4 that really got my intrest. (finished HZD some years ago)

The combat is what will define this game for me. It's tough to see in a clip how important timing is and if there is stamina, he did mention conserving movement when playing as a samurai.

Woke up and watched the 4k direct feed, jaw dropped on the floor. The game is seriously beautiful looking, love the foliage, atmosphere effect, that scale and how alive everything is. The engine is drawing so much foliage it's as if there's no limit to it and the dynamic volumetric lighting, shadows, the light scattering in the leaves, just wow. I just hope next gen 3rd party launch titles can even keep up with this level of visual. Gameplay looks pretty standard tho, but I guess it's based on realism so there wouldn't be crazy fancy moves or actions like in Sekiro which is alright with me. I still can't believe we're getting this and Tlou 2 back to back :).

Woke up and watched the 4k direct feed, jaw dropped on the floor. The game is seriously beautiful looking, love the foliage, atmosphere effect, that scale and how alive everything is. The engine is drawing so much foliage it's as if there's no limit to it and the dynamic volumetric lighting, shadows, the light scattering in the leaves, just wow. I just hope next gen 3rd party launch titles can even keep up with this level of visual. Gameplay looks pretty standard tho, but I guess it's based on realism so there wouldn't be crazy fancy moves or actions like in Sekiro which is alright with me. I still can't believe we're getting this and Tlou 2 back to back :).
from youtube or the pristine MP4?
i looked at sony's press center but they didnt upload the video there :(

looked great, apart from animations that where a bit stiff.
But their stream quality (on youtube at least) was poop !

yeah the high freq details becomes poop lol

btw i argue the animations is not a bit stiff. It is stiff, complete with baked animation that didnt get "dynamic IK" or something. Really apparent when the ghost head-arrow the guard from side. The animation simply used death anim as if you hit the guard from front. There's also jarring grass-flower (the one thats tall and white) animation that keeps getting looped.

the gameplay looks pretty standard open world. this makes me really want BoTW2 ASAP... i miss the freedom in open world sandbox.

Beautiful game and the more I see and hear about design choices, the more I like it. The UI is just fantastic.

Back