Microsoft Xbox digital events [E3 2020 Replacements]

And so the because it wasn't running on official release retail hardware, that it can't meet this level of performance?

You're putting words in my mouth.
Expectation was probably more of the last reveal on actual hardware (two week tweaked Gears I remember?)

Yes and that was the big mistake, they should of just had the show and the first time people actually heard about optimised for series x was during the video clip.
It's also kind of unfair to the developers who seem to mainly be indy or AA.
Yea, well, not going through the list of what makes it optimized for Series X was the big mistake there. I'm not going to slam the games. There were a handful of games that actually showed gameplay, but aside from the 3ish titles, it was a cutscene roll. With no idea how XSX actually impacts what we see on screen.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1777595379/scorn-part-1-of-2-dasein/posts/2830766

Apparently Scorn is now Win10 & SXclusive (4k60).

Why Microsoft and why Xbox Series X exclusivity?

The authenticity of the game and being able to develop it as we conceptualized it is the highest priority. Before deciding to partner with Microsoft we made sure that they will not have any influence over the game's concept and development process. They were more than cooperative in that regard. The only thing they were interested in was exclusivity rights. Once all that was agreed upon it was a no brainer decision when you look at all the benefits Scorn will get from this partnership, from additional resources to much bigger exposure(marketing). It will certainly help us make Scorn a better, polished game in the end.

Will Scorn be released on the previous generation of consoles?

No. We really don't want to spend development time on what would from a technical standpoint (900p resolution, frame rates dipping below 30fps) be a sub-par version of the game and overall not a good experience.

Will the game still be released on PC and on what storefronts?

Of course. Scorn will be released on Steam, Windows Store, and GOG.

Will Scorn be released on the previous generation of consoles?

No. We really don't want to spend development time on what would from a technical standpoint (900p resolution, frame rates dipping below 30fps) be a sub-par version of the game and overall not a good experience.

Heh.

Well, they're a small team.

Last edited:
It means the packaging was the problem, not the games themselves.

Yah, but what does that actually mean? If people like the games, does it matter? I think people are trying to extrapolate a lot from youtube likes and the truth is probably a lot more complicated.

Whether people like it or not MS has a lot more to prove than Sony does, they will be forgiven if they have a bland show. But we don't know if that's the case yet. This show wasn't bad, the contents wasn't suitable for the first showing.
But it does no harm. I can understand people being underwhelmed, but MS didn't have to do anything better/different. MS has lost a grand total worldwide of zero sales because of this preview. There's not a soul alive who'd buy XBSX if only the order MS had shown the content had been different, with better (first party) games up front and these other games afterwards.

If you want to state MS had to get this one right above all other reveals and presentations, what's the reasoning? Each presentation is part of the marketing campaign. You want them all to be good, but we don't expect them all to be 100% amazing either (see Sony's snorefest PS5 reveal). No singular lacklustre presentation is going to kill a system; the only thing that'll kill a system is if there are no must-have killer games shown. Up until the platform launches, these companies have months to show stuff, and keep showing stuff, including vapourware that never actually gets released (I think back to various PS4 titles).

Check out this PS4 reveal to refresh your memory.
56K likes. 2.1K dislikes. An awful lot of empty promises. Deep Down, anyone? Dreams, a game that's only just released and isn't at all the 'creating stuff is just fun!' product described. Seriously, check out the Square Enix 'concept'. No 'this is on-console gameplay' labels and no-one cared. The console still sold.

MS can show whatever they want prior to release, even a load of concept renders, and people will bite. Just like shiny artificial lures on the end of a fishing hook, as long as it looks convincing, people will get excited. Four years later, they may start asking questions, 'whatever happened to these promised games?', but that won't affect sales any. PS4 sales didn't suffer because PS3 was revealed on concept renders, and PS5 excitement isn't impacted by the volume of vapourware titles announced.

This reveal wasn't important. Neither is the next one. Nor the one after that. Somewhere in the mix is an important reveal, but it can be between now and a few weeks before release.

Think i need to just say again because i know I've come across extremely negative.
I personally was just mildy disappointed as expected couple big 3P AAA .

Best way to describe where i think they approached it wrongly was this.
At E3 you wouldn't expect them to open with the indie reel or close the show with it.
It definitely has its place though.
This is the equivalent of that.

Think i need to just say again because i know I've come across extremely negative.
I personally was just mildy disappointed as expected couple big 3P AAA .

Best way to describe where i think they approached it wrongly was this.
At E3 you wouldn't expect them to open with the indie reel or close the show with it.
It definitely has its place though.
This is the equivalent of that.

I think its important to remember that the big AAA games can support their own event. Look at cyberpunk. It doesn't need to be part of this show case. Same with a rumored GTA 6 and so on. Those can stand on their own.

I am interested in the July event

I think its important to remember that the big AAA games can support their own event. Look at cyberpunk. It doesn't need to be part of this show case. Same with a rumored GTA 6 and so on. Those can stand on their own.

I am interested in the July event
You say that, but AC was highlighted to be shown, and well, if i need to wait for DF to go through it frame by frame to pull out the gameplay aspects, it never did its job.
So that could've been one, madden was there also.
So it obviously highly dependent on marketing rights.

Why did they even show that AC trailer before, wasn't exactly at their own event.

The individual games are all upvoted except assassins creed, we can conclude, assassins creed ruined the whole presentation by it's inclusion. ;)

Will obviously be the lowest selling Assassin's Creed of all time. It's already flopped and they've only released two trailers on youtube.

Or maybe - maybe! - they can’t legally write “Captured on Series X” because they don’t have the actual, final thing yet and everyone should bloody relax?
I wonder if what hardware Bandai Namco used for the anime game trailer. The framerate dips are really visible

But can be said here; this is the direction games are headed. Sell the emotion, the atmosphere, the narrative, show graphics, toss smart dynamic game-play for curated big set pieces and quick time events.
The hilarious thing for me was that it's Bright Memory, a game by a one person, that looks awesome with real gameplay hahaha. While other AAA games were filled with cutscene and looks so current gen...

You say that, but AC was highlighted to be shown, and well, if i need to wait for DF to go through it frame by frame to pull out the gameplay aspects, it never did its job.
So that could've been one, madden was there also.
So it obviously highly dependent on marketing rights.

Why did they even show that AC trailer before, wasn't exactly at their own event.
Are either of those big AAA franchises ? Last I heard about AC was how bad The xbox one/ ps4 one was that was utterly broken. Madden is also a franchise on the decline.

We are also getting monthly info dumps in different formats as we move forward.

AC is practically the definition of a AAA franchise, in both sales and production values. I dont play them but yeah.

Ubisoft outsources to like 14 studies (literally) and can claim huge numbers of people worked on any individual AC.

I don't mind negativity - I whinge more than most at everything these corporations do! I just don't understand the argument that this piece of marketing out of all the marketing MS has to do is the most important one.
The big event should be when they show real gameplay running on the console, announce the price, and open preorders. So in june to make it a proper E3 replacement?

The big event should be when they show real gameplay running on the console, announce the price, and open preorders. So in june to make it a proper E3 replacement?

Didn't they say July for the 1st-party reveals?

I disagree. The most successful games out there have a focus on gameplay. There's little atmosphere, narrative and high-end graphics in Minecraft, Fortnite, PUBG, Mario and Pokemon.
Those are the bigger ones yea. I would say those are the ones that sell gameplay in marketing videos etc. But Those types of titles are very difficult to win in. Competition is very steep. There’s always a new best contender. I think for games that aren’t competing in those spaces I just see narrative/epic set piece marketing. Like the early trailers for UC and TLOU. Even Halo infinite. They didn’t start out with gameplay trailers.

You know that because you're aware of the specs and you're aware of what said specs should be able to do.
I also don't see how these wouldn't be playable on a SeriesX the same way I don't see how it wouldn't be playable on a PC with a RX5700, or my PC with a Vega 64.
yea that’s fair.

Back