Microsoft Xbox digital events [E3 2020 Replacements]

All I was trying to do is look for RT signs but all I could see were the usual wonky Screen space reflections. Literally my biggest nightmare. Yawn.
The only title I know definitively running RT was Bright Infinite And only because Nvidia keeps showcasing that for its RTX highlights.

Yeah, I dont see how a single person can be doing so much asset creation, and they didn't look like they were from open source asset packages.

Why do you insist on incorrectly referring to the time period as two years? You know what they said and when they said it.
Pretty sure it's up to two years as the worst case scenario, so it would be incorrect to say one year or one and half year no?

This new version is available at 60 FPS, but I can't really see much of a difference. Perhaps the trailers were made at 30FPS?

I can't wait to try out a game like that on my LG C9. Though with VRR I wonder if anyone will ever notice the difference between e.g. 90 and 120FPS.
I also wonder if motion blur gets disabled at 120FPS, since that's what makes more sense? Also, Temporal AntiAliasing / upsampling should make the game super crisp at that resolution, so even below 1440p I'm sure it'll look awesome.

There were very few indies in there. Codemasters, Paradox (Vampire Masquerade) and Bandai Namco aren't small, though I guess the later doesn't really try to make games with graphics above PS360 level anyway.
But with new and improved tools, these devs (AA if you will) should have been able to show something that is at least a bit of a step up over the current generation, yet we saw nothing of the sort.

My guess is as long as they also have to support a 1.3TFLOPs console with 68GB/s main memory bandwidth, there's only so much they can do without practically having to develop the same game on two different engines.

I wonder if the thing about this being a single guy doing everything is true. It's not a guy doing the female protagonist's voice, right? He's doing all the sound and animation?
He's definitely not doing all the asset creation though, since he (or they?) admitted to be stealing assets from chinese forums.
Everything about this studio looks super sketchy IMO.

yea those studios are about as big as AA studios get; codemasters been around a long time but never invested the budget to make something like Forza. From Paradox, I think Mechwarrior Online is their largest investment. I haven’t seen them make a Witcher 3 level type game.
Namco Bandai; eh yea :)

not sure what is up with Bright Infinite. Hard to believe a single person can do that without more money to purchase those assets.
If he did; call me jealous, lol I have clearly been wasting my time

Which would make the decision of supporting the XB1 family so very redundant, poor kids are gonna have to put up with sub 720p jagged up games all over again in year 2020 all the way to 2022..

That's what happens in the first couple years of each generation. Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Rogue were available on PS360. I'm sure they looked like utter trash compared to the PS4, Xbox One versions.

Pretty sure it's up to two years as the worst case scenario, so it would be incorrect to say one year or one and half year no?

Everyone here had this discussion before. It was said in 2019. Doing basic mathematics means 1 year after console release.

It’s fiscal year 2022 when they will allow for exclusives.
Which is less than 1.5 years from launch date.

they said no exclusives for the first 2 years of operation. Year 1 begins at launch to Jan. Year 2 is Jan to Dec.

This is typical transition time anyway.

Right now the downvotes are in the 10ks and upvotes at 4.4k.
They made the stream private but I saw how the downvotes blew up after Valhalla didn't really show any gameplay.

Ouch, yeah that's a bit concerning. Not 2013 concerning though. Hopefully Microsoft will be able to check their metrics across all the services(it was on Mixer, Facebook, Twitch & Twitter). If what happened on Youtube shows up in the metrics on the other services then that basically means they need to work harder. Hopefully the July event is a better received.

Tommy McClain

From what I remember when asked about what was most exciting about developing on xsx, they all pretty much said loading time, remember one saying power/performance.
Xbox should've asked them to say the huge power and fast loading is nice benefit. Haha
As I expect power to be ms pr and speed sony.

Trouble is they didn't need this festering, about how games don't look any better, for basically 2 months (1p show may be slightly better)
Out of all the xsx marketing this was probably the one that didn't want to get wrong.
All the others up until now could've easily been rectified.
Hopefully future shows whitewashes this from most gamers minds.

We all know this isn't necessarily indicative, but that's not going to be the wider knowledge and opinion.

From what I remember when asked about what was most exciting about developing on xsx, they all pretty much said loading time, remember one saying power/performance.
Xbox should've asked them to say the huge power and fast loading is nice benefit. Haha
As I expect power to be ms pr and speed sony.

Trouble is they didn't need this festering, about how games don't look any better, for basically 2 months (1p show may be slightly better)
Out of all the xsx marketing this was probably the one that didn't want to get wrong.
All the others up until now could've easily been rectified.
Hopefully future shows whitewashes this from most gamers minds.

We all know this isn't necessarily indicative, but that's not going to be the wider knowledge and opinion.
June is the one they can't botch, there will be more events throughout summer.

Dislike-to-like ratio from the video is still over 2:1, and it'll probably go higher as western-er audiences watch it during the afternoon.
To me that tells me this event wasn't just a disappointment to B3D as suggested here. It was a disappointment towards its target audience. Twitter isn't being any kinder to the xbox account either.

Also, I don't get the "now that this is out of the way they can show off the real thing" argument.
Microsoft doesn't have to show any game that makes the SeriesX look like a worthless upgrade from the OneX. AFAIK the console makers aren't inherently forced to show off games that don't make their consoles look good, much less in a time where they're trying to build up the hype. The only way there's a cross-marketing deal is if the game is an exclusive or timed exclusive, or it has some exclusive features, but even then the developers aren't usually in a position of force to make Microsoft show off their titles on their streams (definitely not these developers).

I don't think this was anything other than a marketing misstep, akin to e.g. the moment Cerny directly tried to defend the PS5's lower TFLOPs numbers.

They should have shown some big guns first, and then pass these AAs / Indies among the big guns as something they'd present as more imaginative.
Like this they're just damaging the new console's brand.

Ouch, yeah that's a bit concerning. Not 2013 concerning though. Hopefully Microsoft will be able to check their metrics across all the services(it was on Mixer, Facebook, Twitch & Twitter). If what happened on Youtube shows up in the metrics on the other services then that basically means they need to work harder. Hopefully the July event is a better received.
Well, they had been pretty good on their marketing so far, so I think they'll come out of this. This wasn't nearly as bad as TV TV SPORTS TV.

Yep. It's the same thing every gen. It takes a few years for games to really start to look next-gen.
If it takes years for games to start to look like a worthy upgrade from the previous generation, then I'd say both PS5 and SeriesX are doomed.

Dislike-to-like ratio from the video is still over 2:1, and it'll probably go higher as western-er audiences watch it during the afternoon.
To me that tells me this event wasn't just a disappointment to B3D as suggested here. It was a disappointment towards its target audience. Twitter isn't being any kinder to the xbox account either.
It was a disappointment. But the only things they had as options are:
a) don't ever showcase games like this and only AAA games only
b) have fewer shows to present information

they will be showing something like this each month up to launch month. IIRC.

I suppose getting things out of the way now is better than later. Console launch years will be debbie downers usually. Most of the time they don't have a lot of titles to go with the console.

If it takes years for games to start to look like a worthy upgrade from the previous generation, then I'd say both PS5 and SeriesX are doomed.

What's worthy is relative. I think you'll see appreciable improvements from the first party games as they've most likely had their hands on the hardware longer. It should be faster this gen since the hardware is still x86 and the same gpu vendor, but software development takes time.

Back