Microsoft Xbox digital events [E3 2020 Replacements]

Lots of stuff looked interesting but nothing made me go, shit I need to get a Xbox series X in fact most of the games looked worse than some current gen games.

some impressive stuff, but with "gameplay representative" tag, so i'm cautious, and a lot of meh stuff that looked just current gen, but higher res.

Xbox really needs to fucking shake up their Inside Xbox/Public Presentation/Livestream team, they are 100% always bad and corny and stupid.

This time it was extra glaring not only because they didn't have the games to make up for it but also because other than this their messaging and PR for next gen has been really good; focused, clear and precise.

Last edited:
Some stuff was cool. I guess I'm glad they got these cross gen third-party titles out of the way to make way for their first-party.

Inside Xbox... :nope:

Watching it and the only message that was relevant to the XBSX was:
1. play on the best version according to your hardware (gamepass)
2. We have short loading times!
3. We have high resolution!

Showing only 3rd party isn't exactly the best idea to debut your console.
Even more so when quite a few of the games are relatively unheard of and the majority were certainly not AAA level... (Valhalla is an AAA but the expectation was gameplay but they grossly under-delivered)

Xbox really needs to fucking shake up their Inside Xbox/Public Presentation/Livestream team, they are 100% always bad and corny and stupid.

This time it was extra glaring because they didn't even have the games to make up for it.

there was "gameplay" graphics, but not actual gameplay view
At first i though it looked quite nice (but not really next gen) and then they showed a few shots of AC origins and odyssey and though it looked almost as good.

Looks like Eurogamer's Martin Robinson has also called out the naked king.. There was no gameplay trailer at all.. but they just kept talking of it as if it was gameplay.
What the hell happened?

Dirt 5 looks the best so far IMO, though it also had that "not actual gameplay" disclaimer to leave us suspicious.

"We're thankful for all the developers offering the first footage of Xbox Series X gameplay".

Was there any SeriesX gameplay, at all?

there was "gameplay" graphics
Not even that? They all had disclaimers saying it wasn't being rendered by the console, only "hardware representative of the console" meaning it's not even coming from devkits with Anaconda?

"We're thankful for all the developers offering the first footage of Xbox Series X gameplay".

Was there any SeriesX gameplay, at all?

Not even that? They all had disclaimers saying it wasn't being rendered by the console, only "hardware representative of the console" meaning it's not even coming from devkits with Anaconda?

pretty sure this will looks exactly like that on XsX, did not look out of this world honestly, scorn and that spaceship game looked a lot more convincing.

Very underwhelming "next gen" graphics, I can name 20 current gen games that look way better. That said I am interested in some of those games such as Medium, Scorn, Bright Memory Infinite and that top down view cyberpunk game. AC Valhalla had nothing but cutscenes and it's nothing special really. MS really should have showcased their first party titles before this.

This is about what's to be expected for third party games still targeting current-gen consoles as well. It's a good thing to get this aspect out of the way now.

Save the great stuff for later in the summer and closer to launch.

Pedantic - It's not a debut of the console.

Not really but I get what he's saying too. If you're not showing the best of the best from the get go I can see how it might give a bad first impression.

As I'm at work I missed a lot of it & what little I did I see wasn't able to watch on a big screen or even have audio. I will fire it up tonight.

The biggest impression I got was there was a lot of new titles never known before. I saw lots of comments about lack of gameplay. I understand that to a degree, but it started to get to troll levels.

Inside Xbox is not the kind of show for this forum. Can be cringy. I think it fits their targeted demographics. I think most of us here are probably not included in that. Most of the folks here probably won't even play these games on a console.

Of the titles that I did see that looked interesting to me was Call of the Sea & Bright Memory: Infinite. There might have been a couple of others though. I think I will be more interested in 1st party. Halo Infinite is #1 on my list. Plus, I will be very interested in anything that shows up on Game Pass.

Tommy McClain

welcome to the power of production and unlimited budget vs reality. None of these games, bar AC Valhalla will never get anywhere close to what a AAA studio will spend making their titles, I think Sony continues to be an exception of exceptions when it comes to how long they are willing to just continually support developing their titles perpetually.

I'm sorry you guys were super disappointed by the graphics, lol, but for some of these smaller teams, they've come a pretty far way. The first game, by FYQD is pretty surprising to be done by a single person? Is that right? That's pretty crazy.

The showcase here was mainly on smaller studios, with the exception of Madden and AC Valhalla, everything you saw was AA or Indie, I suppose Yakuza might be the exception here. I'm not sure where people put codemasters, I still think not enough budget to break AAA amounts.

That being said, I think more people should be critical of the gameplay and game design being shown than the production values.

Though I'm not saying you can't be disappointed by the showcase; hoping you'd see the bigger studios, but I think as hobbyists here who support developers; it's great to see how far the smaller studios have come. Technology and engines have come a long way. Great to see some of these smaller studios take a leap to something different, ie Paradox and Deep Silver

Last edited:
Think people expecting xbox 1P to look much better when they show their stuff in july may be setting themselves up for disappointment.

1P will also be cross gen.
The only games that will look much better will be the true big AAA games both 3rd and 1P.
And if they show the odd next gen exclusive, but their view of wanting to keep current XO owners 'happy' doesn't lend to that.

Traditionally for a new gen console launch, company have always front loaded their heavy hitters that really showcased what the systems can do and making a bang as big as possible, not teasing with second, third class $30 bargain bin titles. For the general audiences they're gonna think this new Xbox isn't all that different to their 1X and Pro, the leap in graphics is almost non existent, not to mention looking worse than what they can play currently. I hardly think this is the right approach.

Think people expecting ... they show their stuff in july may be setting themselves up for disappointment.

It wont be done on an InsideXbox type of show but more of an E3 type of show, which automatically makes it a better viewing experience. I'm not sure why so many expected so much more from an InsideXbox show. It's not mega big blockbuster production values.

Back