The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still think RDR2 is a bit more impressive due to its scale. But that game is an anomaly for game development given its 2000+ workers, absurd budget, and of course terrible working conditions. But TLOU2 is a cut above about every other game. I don't think anyone right now comes close to ND's facial animation. They're simply masters at such detailed animation.

Forgive the hyperbole. :D

I still think RDR2 is a bit more impressive due to its scale. But that game is an anomaly for game development given its 2000+ workers, absurd budget, and of course terrible working conditions. But TLOU2 is a cut above about every other game. I don't think anyone right now comes close to ND's facial animation. They're simply masters at such detailed animation.

until there's an AI toolset to automatically add awesome facial expression, or stock realistic facial expression libs... hopefully all open world game wont have crazy facial animation like TLOU2. The crunch must be utter hell.

Don't embed animated gifs. There are more efficient video formats available.

RDR2 does have bigger scale for sure but the draw back is there is not a single scene that looks nearly as good as this

Mod edit, for the last time. Don't embed animated gifs! https://s4.gifyu.com/images/elie.gif

The amount of detail is insane and the indirect lighting with proper HDR would bring out those detail so much more. When you look around in RDR2, the micro detail is low res, blocky and not nearly as dense. ND's visual priority is definitely more impactful, in your face if you will :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Endor looks very good still, but not as dense in foliage. The volumetric lighting also looks nicer in Tlou. I do wish they would make a full blown story heavy Star Wars game using Frostbite tho, the next gen Frostbite engine would melt faces.

@ultragpu Considering it came out four(?) years ago, the endor map in battlefront 2 holds up very well.

The foliage here looks very nice. The density and lighting on the trees is very good.

Yeah smaller maps in BF1 had dense foliage and Nice interaction with character. But of course at 900p on PS4, 60fps though.

The big change from Last gen might be that it was easier to code for ps4 so more devs could reach great results.

The amount of detail is insane and the indirect lighting with proper HDR would bring out those detail so much more. When you look around in RDR2, the micro detail is low res, blocky and not nearly as dense. ND's visual priority is definitely more impactful, in your face if you will :).

RDR2 looks better, so does death stranding, if anything it was just that scene where i thought that a new generation of consoles is in due time now.

Considering it came out four(?) years ago, the endor map in battlefront 2 holds up very well.

Looks better imo, on top of that it doesn't have this gamey/cartoon style to it, plus it does run at something more then 30fps?

battlefront 2 is 60 fps and has fairly large playable areas. I would not say it looks better, but it holds up well for an old game with a demanding performance profile.

True. Even though, framerate is part of graphics department too, when actually playing the games, framerate does impact visuals too.

"Battlefront 2 looks better"

Screenshot-Original.png

0jy89v0jmero.png

I mean, I guess. lol.

Last of us graphics where rather impressive when first shown at E3, now it's more like, next generation can't come soon enough

I'll bite and increase the stakes, looks better than the "next gen games " shown at the inside xbox event yesterday.
I'll even put a smiley face in at the end :D

until there's an AI toolset to automatically add awesome facial expression, or stock realistic facial expression libs... hopefully all open world game wont have crazy facial animation like TLOU2. The crunch must be utter hell.

In a statement that will have animators groaning, or punching the screen, it doesn't sound that complicated. :runaway:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back