Streets of Rage 4

Rangers

Legend
I was excited to see it's free on my gamepass. Will definitely (at least I hope) punch through it for a couple hours.

Hoping it unlocks at 11PM tonight the April 29th (just over 3 hours from now), that's the standard for Xbox in Central USA time zone right?

I actually beat through in co-op with my brother a few weeks ago, one of the Streets games on the Sega Genesis Mini. It was a bit boring but ok i guess. Actually I think we may have exhausted our continues before beating it...

John's DF retro video really sold me on this game. Will be buying it as soon as my check comes in. I never played the original games when i was a kid with a Genesis, but yuzo suzuki's music is dear to any shinobi fan...and i do have the trilogy for 360 on that genesis collection they put out. Will try and complete those before i move on to this

Suuuuuckkkks wanted to sample it this evening. Oh well no big.

Edit: I'm confused does PS get it ten hours early or 14 hours late than all the other plats?

John's DF retro video really sold me on this game. Will be buying it as soon as my check comes in. I never played the original games when i was a kid with a Genesis, but yuzo suzuki's music is dear to any shinobi fan...and i do have the trilogy for 360 on that genesis collection they put out. Will try and complete those before i move on to this

I'm avoiding that DF retro vid because I want to go in as clean as I can, not spoiled on the look of the various stages etc. Maybe I'll watch a bit.

Edit: I'm confused does PS get it ten hours early or 14 hours late than all the other plats?

Depends on where you live. On Steam, everyone gets access to it at the same time. On Nintendo there are 2 different launch times for the EU and NA.

On PlayStation and Xbox, it's a staggered launch (24 different "launch times"). Well, probably less since some time zones might not have a country that it is releasing in.

Regards,
SB

This is on my radar now. Great video DF. Guess I will check it out on Game Pass tonight. Maybe my best bus will be interested in some online co-op?

Tommy McClain

This is on my radar now. Great video DF. Guess I will check it out on Game Pass tonight. Maybe my best bus will be interested in some online co-op?

Tommy McClain
Only 2P online btw.

4P local

Downloading it. It is crossplay. Now I can still play the series once again with my best friend. We beat SoR 1, 2 and 3 when we were kids on his Megadrive, and now I hope we beat the game playing at home, but online. I got the gamepass PC version and my best friend has the Xbox One S version. I can't wait.

0d1.jpg

Downloading it. It is crossplay. Now I can still play the series once again with my best friend. We beat SoR 1, 2 and 3 when we were kids on his Megadrive, and now I hope we beat the game playing at home, but online. I got the gamepass PC version and my best friend has the Xbox One S version. I can't wait.

0d1.jpg
Is it cross play between consoles too?

Is it cross play between consoles too?
Nope.

Seems like porting was done by different studios as well.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...reets-of-rage-4-switch-xbox-one-port-analysis

a Switch Streets of Rage 4 purchase comes heavily recommended. This is perhaps not surprising Seaven Studio carried out the conversion, and they're also responsible for the PS4 game we covered previously. Curiously though, different studios were assigned different console ports. Blitworks handled the Xbox version and as you would hope, it's just as good as the PS4 and Switch builds, with one exception: the graphics menu is severely pared back. It's a curious omission, but definitely not down to system limitations - some of the selectable effects in the menu manifest within the game anyway, and they're still there on Xbox, they're just not available as user selectable options. It doesn't bother us that much as the default presentation is, in our view, the best way to play. However, there's no real reason why these options should not be available for Xbox users.

The graphics menu situation is just as confusing on PC. The Steam rendition of the game has all of the options found on PS4 and Switch, along with some extra graphics tweakables and a low latency mode. However, if you grab the game from the Windows Store, you seem to get some kind of offshoot of the Xbox version. Again, the game still plays exactly as it should, it's still brilliant. However, once again, the graphics menu is missing options, and that's not totally ideal. You get luminosity, screen shake, full-screen, v-sync, low latency and max frame skip options, but much of the cool stuff from the Steam build is absent. Streets of Rage 4 doesn't require a high power PC to run well, but it would've been preferable to at least get the full range of graphics settings.

Really bizarre decisions on the Xbox/WinStore version.

Judging by some of the gallery art, I wonder if we'll actually see remakes of the trilogy if Sega deems this a success... :cool:

What might have happened was that the Win10/XO porting team had a slightly older build when the devs added those features late in the schedule for Steam.

Back