Astronomy and space exploration

Pentagon releases UFO videos for the record
April 28, 2020
The US Department of Defense has released three declassified videos of "unexplained aerial phenomena".
The Pentagon said it wanted to "clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether or not the footage that has been circulating was real".

According to the New York Times, a clip from 2004 was filmed by two navy fighter pilots and shows a round object hovering above the water, about 100 miles (160 km) out into the Pacific Ocean.
Two other videos filmed in 2015 show objects moving through the air, one of which is spinning. In one, a pilot is heard saying: "Look at that thing, dude! It's rotating!"

Fortunately, aliens are so camera shy the lowest res CCTV camera is enough to deter them from approaching closer than 2 miles.

They all have to be working in IT then - nerds!
:p

I've seen that video many years ago, when it still was unofficial. There are more officially published materials from other countries like UK, but till aliens land on my street and take me for a ride in their UFO's I'm not fully convinced what we see is extra terrestrial!
To avoid any confusion, I have no doubt there is intelligent life in space apart from our Earth, but I want a ride in a proper space ship, ideally before Space-X flies commercial passengers to the space!

Nice Thunderf00t at his best.
I had picked that for something like a Colombian cocaine smuggling drone
But a goose at 2.5km will do, agree that the actual interest there is that they were able to pick up tracking a tiny cold moving target at that range.

ESO Telescope Sees Signs of Planet Birth

https://www.eso.org/public/news/eso2008/?lang

eso2008a.jpg

This is pretty neat. It looks eerily similar to the images of hydrodynamical simulations of proto-planetary discs by some colleagues I worked with a decade or two ago.

Hopefully it's not knackered their ground infrastructure too much. They have another test article almost ready to go and two more in progress.

Last edited:
What an incredible achievement. Not only a victory for NASA and SpaceX but for the future public-private relationships.

It is quite something. Launching two humans and landing the first stage on a boat. Space has changed.

(also great to see The Orange One lionising a company run by an immigrant, and their success in fulfilling the goals set by the Obama administration).

Back