Need Advice from Architects (ryzen build)

I came to the conclusion the Altar of Gaming goodness wasnt shiny enough new things should be shiny, so now it is, wait for it
"RAY TRACED"
RTX2070 Ftw...

All I have to do now is save up for a rift.

WTF is a warthog?
7kg of flight simming goodness and exact replica of the flight controls used in the A10 Warthog
q2WqHAM.jpg
rtvz5jE.jpg

7kg of flight simming goodness and exact replica of the flight controls used in the A10 Warthog
q2WqHAM.jpg
rtvz5jE.jpg
Ah yes, the A10 is incredible. I've seen videos of it using the 30mm canon to light up jihadis...omfg I think it would rip you apart if one of those rounds even came near you. Depending on where you are you often will hear the impacts before the gun firing. It's like BAPAPAPAPAPAP followed by BRRRRRRRRRRRR.

F**ckSocks...
pre order date has been moved back to 20th may
Double F*cksocks date now pushed back until 4th of June.

Now for some good news
The Altar of Gaming Goodness is now complete

Just bought this :
elhRTbC.jpg

This cable gives my case support for usb type C strangely this is the only way my motherboard supports usb-C there is no usb-C on the i/o sheild.

While I was at it also bought some cablecombs (79p each) 3 black 3 clear because I have a 8pin pci-e cable that needs tidying up.
7Bye4Sz.jpg

Finally decided to buy another gamepad because i thought it would be good to have a backup.
y38S0p7.jpg

Why ?
1. It's dirt cheap
2. It has a playstation style layout, I have xbox type pads but sometimes I prefer this layout.
3. It can switch between x-input and direct-input mode so old games have no problems
4. You can make the left thumbstick act like a d-pad (and the left d-pad act like a thumbstick) if you prefer the xbox style layout
5. It's wired, wireless is cool but the batteries have a habit of running out at the worst possible time and then you have to spend hours searching the house for fresh batteries, plus there are no awkward questions like "Dav how come the remote on the t.v has suddenly stopped working"

Last edited:
Ok the weirdest thing just happened to me this morning
Woke up went downstairs turned on the pc and nothing it's dead try turning it on an off a few times at the power switch and the psu switch and the surge protector still nothing
so i take out the psu lead and put it in my backup pc which is underneath just to check its not the cable it starts up so I take the leads out of my p.c (usb, network,) audio ect
and start using the backup because i cant handle dealing with the problem first thing in the morning.
In the afternoon I decide to replace the psu (since it's the likely culprit) I dont want to take the psu out of the backup p.c (i5-2400) bacuse then I wont have a backup if its not the psu and the cabling is really complicated (many led fans powered from the psu) and have to redo all the cable management.
I have some other p.c's upstairs (core2 quads) then I realise they are oem machines and will have crappy 300watt oem psu's with not enough connectors.
Luckily my backup of my backup pc was there and it had a Thermaltake Toughpower 700w fully modular psu (result) so I remove it and give it a bit of a clean
so before I swap psu's I test my p.c one more time and it works F**k me....

Last edited:
Same thing happened this morning switched pc on and nothing, switched power on and off a few times (at the wall, the surge protector, psu) and then it worked

switched to a 3900x build coupled with Gigabyte 570 Ultra board. I kept my 2400 Mhz RAM from my core I5 setup.
it's fairly fast, but I've got this weird issue where my new setup does not play well with my old mechanical keyboard.

Like when I type with it, it's fine. but once I start playing games with it, weird behaviours start occurring. As if it's got sticky keys or something, every key press is held on longer than it should, and sometimes it just goes off entirely and does some really bad stickiness. To the point that it's locking out other keys for a solid 1 second switched to a newer media keyboard, and it runs just fine.

When I built my P.C I posted prices I thought it would be interesting to go back to the same web site 13 months later and see how prices have changed
O6stjIC.png

My wife wants me to build her a PC now but I've warned her the last couple of months that it's a very hard time to get parts. She definitely won't be getting a new GPU anytime soon...

Yeah not the best time. But my old PC died (3rd gen i7 vpro, 970GTX, 16GB) and couldn’t fix it or I probably would have as it was still fast enough, though the new one certainly is much quieter.

I settled for a regular 2060 for now, with an i5 6-Core and 16GB (which I will soon at least double because it’s a single chip, so not bandwidth efficient, and with 3 slots available it is tempting to go for 64GB. :p

Still pretty happy with it though, especially since I don’t have a 4k screen yet and VR is working decently too with the Quest 2.

We’ll see if I feel the need to upgrade GPU and/or CPU if the prices ever come down again.

it is tempting to go for 64GB.
I read somewhere that Dram prices will increase by 20% this year

Just pre ordered a Warthog I now have to wait a whole 24 hours until they are in stock.
I posted that on the 27th may 2020 they still havnt received any stock nearly 1 year later (I cancelled my pre-order after the date was changed for the 4th or 5th time because they were taking the piss and bought it somewhere else)
My pre order price was £350 the price now has increased to £419. They unsurprisingly do have the items in stock if you want to buy the joystick and throttle separately for a combined price of £520 - the shower of bastards...

Last edited:
I read somewhere that Dram prices will increase by 20% this year

Our vendors are already telling us that DRAM and SSD/NVMe prices will go up...so Enterprise is hit, consumer market will most likely be hit by higher prices very soon...just another annoyance when trying to build a new PC.

Back