Sony PlayStation 5 Retail Shape? *spawn*

New concepts had to come following the new controller. Here is one from LetsGoDigital.

https://nl.letsgodigital.org/spelcomputers-games/sony-playstation-5-dualsense-game-controller/

sony-playstation-5-dualsense-game-controller.jpg

Another one. I feel that they are generally to small. I expect more heat to be handled than this generation and I think the PS5 will be a bit bigger. I am fine with that if that is what it takes to get the noise down.

980a3295196117.5e91c0915ee98.jpg

Another one. I feel that they are generally to small. I expect more heat to be handled than this generation and I think the PS5 will be a bit bigger. I am fine with that if that is what it takes to get the noise down.

980a3295196117.5e91c0915ee98.jpg
See, these two look great. But the other huge v-shaped design (the dev-kit) looks awful. Can't believe some people want the PS5 to look like that.

Yeah, the problem with these concepts(and most fanmade console concepts in general) is that there seems to be very little consideration given to cooling.

The reversed V is the exact opposite of what is needed for blower inlets.

The shape will always be based on the engineering requirements, and then they add some minor visual stuff like color or simple outlines changes.

I replaced the stock thermal paste on my Pro with liquid metal and cut an intake hole in the top cover above the fan. It made a noticable difference but it's still loud as hell. I don't play it much anymore or I would have probably added a 120-140mm fan to the other side. The stock heatsink is a joke. I'm not paying retail for a PS5 unless the cooling solution is solid. I hope the XBX shape rubs off on them.

I replaced the stock thermal paste on my Pro with liquid metal and cut an intake hole in the top cover above the fan. It made a noticable difference but it's still loud as hell. I don't play it much anymore or I would have probably added a 120-140mm fan to the other side. The stock heatsink is a joke. I'm not paying retail for a PS5 unless the cooling solution is solid. I hope the XBX shape rubs off on them.
As a big proponent of darwin's theories, I think you should cancel your preorder. Thinking liquid metal is worth your money is insane. Cutting the cover, even more. Please post pictures of your mistakes so others can learn.

Back