What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doom Eternal has a feature that adjusts the rendering resolution to maintain framerate. My GTX970 was literally never dropping below 60fps which I thought was cool, then I noticed the game just gets blurrier instead of dropping frames. This is very cool.

Not a fan of it all in this title, kind of broken on Pascal GPUs. Resolution drops massively to claw back even small performance drops.

there is a 6 hours free trial of the full Ghost Recon Breakpoint on PSN (and Xbox live/PC too i guess)

there is the new mode ghost experience which allows to tweak almost every gameplay elements, it's a nice addtion, and i think the game looks absolutly great on PS4 Pro, very good graphics up close. it's up with the best on this console.

Ah, thanks for the info. Good to know. I'll just play through 2 & 3 anyway since I got nothing better to do right now with this lockdown and all. Didn't know MGS4 is still exclusive to PS3. Pretty lame.
Don't bother with MGS4. It's the worst MGS. MGS 1, 2, 3, Peace Walker, Ground zeroes and 5 should keep you busy for long. All those games are great in their own way.

Finished Doom Eternal. Finally a good game. Gameplay improvement is super nice (meat hook is crazy), Marauder is imo one of the coolest FPS enemies ever created.

Started FF7R...is very cool right now after 3h in, lets see if it has enough to give...

Don't bother with MGS4. It's the worst MGS. MGS 1, 2, 3, Peace Walker, Ground zeroes and 5 should keep you busy for long. All those games are great in their own way.
He needs a closure of the story and MGS4 is one.
In many aspects MGS4 was splendid. When you return back to those places you visited in the past after all these years it is a magnificent section.
But I agree the writing is the worst of the series. They should have left some things unexplained or symbolic. It was dragging more than it should. Some set pieces were great of course.
Trying to explain everything with nanomachines and AI ruined what some of the other games stood for.
He should definitely play the previous games before he tries that for sure

Looking forward to the new XCOM2 mod coming out next week. XCOM: Chimera Squad let's you mix humans, aliens and hybrids as part of your squad, but does have some caveats.
April 14, 2020
XCOM 2 will receive a standalone expansion next week. Set five years after the events of the main game, Chimera Squad features a world where aliens, hybrids and humans work together.
Instead of the whole world, only one city must be saved from falling into anarchy. In addition, the eleven members of the unit are fixed, are not recruited in the game. Developer Firaxis promises to be able to put different personalities in the spotlight. In addition, each soldier has unique skills to support the team or manipulate the environment.
https://www.computerbase.de/2020-04/xcom-chimera-squad/

Got the HD collection installed and MGSV is at 30%. Excited to try them. Unfortunately I don't have a Playstation console so I won't be able to play MGS4. I'll just Youtube it. Thanks for all the information guys. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Got the HD collection installed and MGSV is at 30%. Excited to try them. Unfortunately I don't have a Playstation console so I won't be able to play MGS4. I'll just Youtube it. Thanks for all the information guys. Much appreciated.
Youtube videos is like watching someone else having sex instead of having it yourself :(

Youtube videos is like watching someone else having sex instead of having it yourself :(

Depends on the game, some are atleast 30% all the way to 40 or higher watching. Other bits can be filled with parts sitting out a conversation. It depends on the individual, but if he cant experience it in another way, he can catch up to the story by watching it from youtube. He get to know the missing story bits either way.

Depends on the game, some are atleast 30% all the way to 40 or higher watching. Other bits can be filled with parts sitting out a conversation. It depends on the individual, but if he cant experience it in another way, he can catch up to the story by watching it from youtube. He get to know the missing story bits either way.
There is something magnificent in the gameplay and how it ties with the story though.
MGS4 may have a huge amount of cut scenes, with a lot of bad writing, and it doesnt feel the same when you exclude the gameplay experience from it....How you progress from one section to the next to reveal the next plot twist is only experienced and is not the same as watching the cut scenes. Some things happen during gameplay and during codec conversations. Some of them optional

There is something magnificent in the gameplay and how it ties with the story though.
MGS4 may have a huge amount of cut scenes, with a lot of bad writing, and it doesnt feel the same when you exclude the gameplay experience from it....How you progress from one section to the next to reveal the next plot twist is only experienced and is not the same as watching the cut scenes. Some things happen during gameplay and during codec conversations. Some of them optional

I assumed he was going to watch the gameplay bits aswell. Story wise, he wont be missing anything. Since he doesn't own a playstation, and doesnt have the option to PSnow it (due to whatever reason), its a viable option to fill the MGS4 gap.

I assumed he was going to watch the gameplay bits aswell. Story wise, he wont be missing anything. Since he doesn't own a playstation, and doesnt have the option to PSnow it (due to whatever reason), its a viable option to fill the MGS4 gap.
Its not the same to watch gameplay with playing :p

No love for Alyx in here? Or just not enough VR headset owners?

I picked up an Oculus Quest before Christmas, and I've been really happy with it as my first VR headset. The last week or so has been Alyx and I'm really impressed with the gravity gloves mechanic and the way they've done some of the electronic hacking puzzles. It has a very good Half Life feel to it; the game looks absolutely stunning and there's a lot of detail to find if you decide to look. I'm definitely taking it slow on this first go-round, just trying to find hidden places or easter eggs.

No love for Alyx in here? Or just not enough VR headset owners?

I picked up an Oculus Quest before Christmas, and I've been really happy with it as my first VR headset. The last week or so has been Alyx and I'm really impressed with the gravity gloves mechanic and the way they've done some of the electronic hacking puzzles. It has a very good Half Life feel to it; the game looks absolutely stunning and there's a lot of detail to find if you decide to look. I'm definitely taking it slow on this first go-round, just trying to find hidden places or easter eggs.

I think we had most of the alyx discussion on this thread. Great game, really liked it from beginning to end.

https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/valve-announces-vr-only-half-life-alyx-2020.61454/page-6

Finished my 6h trial of breakpoint and decided to buy it as gold edition is 30€ instead of 99. And another nice thing is that i can invite two friends to play with through the whole base game for free until june 16.

Playing Doom Eternal. Ofc. properly: On PC with a mouse.
Thanks to you console people, camera adjusts automatically after jumping to a climbable wall, or when doing such a glory kill. It breaks my flow.
Voice acting sounds like looking a power fantasy anime for kids. Because all console people are under age, it seems.
Finally i have to learn lots of annoying extra button actions and go through off game menus. You know, skill trees and all this crap. It's because this is the only way for console people they can develop any skill at all, using their... pfff - gamepads.
So thanks for ruining my beloved Doom franchise, console people! :p Initially i really hated the game.

But after giving it a chance, i turned my mind. It's fucking good! I love how they adapt music dynamically to gameplay. And after getting used to all those buttons, fights are tense and satisfying.
Playing the game gives an ecstatic feeling. I have missed this feeling. Sometimes it's even better than Amid Evil, which is oh so great to me.
Too bad no time left today to play it again... recommended :)

@JoeJ You think much about the graphics while playing games like eternal? :p It's no 2004, but i think Doom is still pushing graphics tech rather nicely, even at the higher framerates on lesser-specced hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back