Someone infiltrated my PC? Webex auto install itself. Where can i see the logs?

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
Something weird just happened. I left my PC with webex.com opened in a chrome private window, and then left it alone for awhile.. dunno for how long, got stomach ache.

While i was relieving my stomach, suddenly i heard the iconic "ding" when UAC asks something when you install something. I simply suspect probably a family member used the PC.

then when stomach issue was subdued, i find my PC to be still in the webex.com screen. But it got webex extension installed (there's webex icon on top right).

Looked at chrome history, nothing happened. Asked family memebers, nope, no one touched the PC. Is there some kind of logs i can see/read to retrace what the heck just happened?

EDIT: all the cats are in different rooms. The PC room door to other room inside the house was closed. Only door to terrace that was open.

isnt webex free for a month or so? Talking of which, I installed the desktop version, wish I knew there was a Chrome extension, I'd install that instead. Thanks for sharing.

In regards to your issue, maybe you had pressed something that triggered the installation of the plugin. Since the internet usage is much higher these days, maybe it download it slowly and that caused the sound.

If I was controlling your computer I wouldn't install you webex for sure. Maybe a Playboy magazine reader or so.

Back