The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mere weeks after the release date reveal which is months off Naughty Dog push it back months more until May. Maybe. We'll see.

Well done, really, well done. How do you set a release date 5 months off then a few weeks latter, push that back by another three months? How does that happen? How bad is your project management for that to happen? :rolleyes:

Too slow! :LOL:

I have to admit, releasing a game predicated on the premise of a global pandemic wiping everything out when an actual pandemic is claiming thousands of lives worldwide would seem be crass - regardless of the logistical issues mentioned.

They shouldn't have done that. I am pissed (it's probably the anti-BC guy's fault). There might not be much stores when they finally decide to release their game. In a world when digital is 50-60% this should not happen at all. What's their excuse for delaying Iron Man VR anyways ?

What, they are waiting for next winter ? When the Covid-19 will most likey spread again ? So new pandemic, new quarantines etc. Smart.

It must really be giving Sony marketing headaches. I bet they don't want to show PS5 games because that will totally diminish The last of us 2 and ghost of Tsushima.

Both those games look amazing for current gen but will pale in comparison to a potential Horizon Zero Dawn 2 on PS5.

They shouldn't have done that. I am pissed (it's probably the anti-BC guy's fault).
I could not possibly disagree with you more. This would be have been in really bad taste. Nobody would care that Sony spent five years+ working on this game, releasing a game with this theme at this time. A fucking awful idea. :yep2: People are dying.

I could not possibly disagree with you more. This would be have been in really bad taste. Nobody would care that Sony spent five years+ working on this game, releasing a game with this theme at this time. A fucking awful idea. :yep2: People are dying.
Bullshit. Did people blame Nintendo for releasing their biggest game of the game (and probably The biggest game of the game now) in the heart of the epidemic and quarantine (in most wester countries) ? And Nintendo sell even less digitally compared to Sony MS.

How many complaints have you seen ? How many articles ? On the contrary people are happy to play the game during those hard times.

It would be like having a party releasing that game, while people are dying around the globe. Delaying is the only wise choise, also PR wise. The game will come anyway, just later. Get it together with the PS5 or something.

what are logistic issues? Are they referring to brick and mortar stores / selling physical copies?

Back