What's your view of Next-Gen Rumor Religions? +Poll! *excommunicado thread*

Which is the next-gen true faith (TF)?

• Orthodox Kleeism - PS5 is pretty much the same as XBSX at 12 TF

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I choose math and look at PlayStation history for PS4 and PS4 Pro with about 30 % increase in TF per year. Counting from PS4 gives you about 11,55 GCN TF. From PS4 Pro 11,99 GCN TF. So for recalculating to RDNA TF I do not know the percentage effectivity Sony has been able to achieve together with AMD.:rolleyes:

Also Github is owned by Microsoft....just saying he he

Last edited:
imageslmjmf.jpg

The GitHub Gospel followers win. 36 CUs at 2.2GHz Boost clock will be around 2 GHz more realistically most of the time. The tested hardware, 36 CUs at 2 GHz, was PS5's SoC. Klee, OsirisBlack, etc.were false religions.

Told ya, knew it all along, 2.26ghz (ended up 2.23) gpu i was told awhile ago (and got warned for it) :) Waited with it untill today. I know github got annoying, but it was the truth.

https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/2110892/

Btw, i wasn't told about it being variable though, just that it was about 2 to 3TF lower then xbox, which is true, as per the DF article, the full 2.23ghz which is a boost clock. It's a very high clock, most likely it's below that most of the time, 9+ TF monster.

Last edited:
The GitHub Gospel followers win. 36 CUs at 2.2GHz Boost clock will be around 2 GHz more realistically most of the time. The tested hardware, 36 CUs at 2 GHz, was PS5's SoC. Klee, OsirisBlack, etc.were false religions.
Source?

Look at the poll options. What exactly does the Github option say? 9.2 TFLOps, right?
Is 9.2 TFLOPs the spec that Sony released today, regarding typical clocks?

Who made the poll? Was that you?

You seem to be taking a weird side here. Claiming the github gospel won based on a personal belief that Sony isn't being true to their released specs.

That 2ghz mark won't even be hit under most realistic workloads.

Edit: PS5 was going to be double the PS4 Pro, no idea what happened afterwards, but guess they had to upclock that thing alot to even come close to 10TF. Now we get 'max turbo clocks' just to be able to claim 10TF. Most of the time it will be abit over 9TF.

Yeah, I take that back. That's the assumption but we need to see what the cooling situation is as to whether Sony can maintain them or not.

Edit: Although if they didn't fluctuate, they wouldn't be called boost clocks and it'd just be 2.23 GHz clock rate. ;)

Last edited:
Told ya, knew it all along, 2.26ghz (ended up 2.23) gpu i was told awhile ago
It's rather odd that you knew it all along, considering the hundreds of posts you made claiming 9.2 TFLOPs and how good that will be.

That 2ghz mark won't even be hit under most realistic workloads.
Yeah and you knew that all along, just like the clocks that resulted in well above 9.2TFLOPs despite your hundreds of posts saying otherwise.
Sure.

It's rather odd that you knew it all along, considering the hundreds of posts you made claiming 9.2 TFLOPs and how good that will be.

Yes i did, but i wasn't even going to say it, i did tell here i talked to someone that had seen the SoC and all, but wasn't going to leak the spec. The 9.2TF is rather accurate, the 2.23ghz! is the max freq. You can expect real world perf to be around 9 to 10TF, mostly closer to 9TF. It is what it is. 2.23Ghz is a beastly clock.

And yes GitHub 'won' (whatever that means), it was the real thing, final clock adjustments where done this year. GitHub never was final, dont forget that, clock adjustments are always going to take place.

I guess that, they wanted to be able to claim 10TF, thats possible with boost clocks. You could say it is between 9 and 10TF, most realisticly it does below 10 most of the time, unless something happened last month.

Yeah, I take that back. That's the assumption but we need to see what the cooling situation is as to whether Sony can maintain them or not.

We're missing a lot of info to really be able to judge how much power is able to shift dynamically. I'm not expecting it to be a massive shift. I think the digital foundry thing says "a few percent" for clock adjustments. I'm not sure if he means a few as in two, or just single digits.

Oh right, that explains it.

I was given 2.26Ghz over a month ago, hence i posted it just before reveal. They implemented boost as high as possible. It's pointless to argue now, there's a reason i pushed github (along others), we have the truth now, no reason to fight about it anymore. Be happy :)

Edit: Although if they didn't fluctuate, they wouldn't be called boost clocks and it'd just be 2.23 GHz clock rate. ;)

This is clarified by a quote from Mark Cerny:

Mark Cerny said:
When that worst case game arrives, it will run at a lower clock speed. But not too much lower, to reduce power by 10 per cent it only takes a couple of percent reduction in frequency, so I'd expect any downclocking to be pretty minor

98% of 2.23GHz is 2.185GHz, so 10.1 TFLOPs.

The github option clearly says "around 9.2 TFLOPs".
With a suggested delta of 2% for "worst case game" meaning between 10.07 and 10.28 TFLOPs, the winning option is number 3:
Neither - they are false religions and PS5 is either < 9, between 10&11, or >13 TF

There's also the fact that no one is saying 2.23GHz GPU can't run in parallel with a 3.5GHz CPU. A less demanding game that won't completely load all execution units will probably enjoy maximum frequencies the whole time.

Back