Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Specs:

upload_2020-3-18_16-8-16.png

Lower GPU than XB1X. Custom audio hardware is in (equivalent to all 8 Jag cores in PS4). RT hardware is AMD's. Hardware compression, proprietary drive @800 GB, upgradeable internal storage (NVMe when its fast enough) for expansion and support for external HDDs for PS4 titles (probably also swap games into SSD?)

Last edited:
"Boot the game in a second". Did he just say that? A second!?!?! :runaway:

Pretty proud of my guesses. Even my 2.2 ruminating turned out sort of correct, although I didnt commit to it.

The entire Cerny speech just got rendered relatively useless by Eurogamer leak LOL. Not listening to him drone on...

I think Xbox pretty convincingly won this. Heck if they want to rub it in they can up their own clocks too as they are running 400 mhz under Sony. That CU count difference is big.

That said on the flip side, the difference is much smaller than PS4>Xbox One last gen, it'll be ok. MS can easily screw this up with Lockhart, too.

What last gen showed is that the BASE console matters the most, with Ps4>One, and One X didn't matter. If Ms makes Lockhart the base, they will squander the advantage. People will go to a higher base in PS5 IMO.

I called it on the boost clocks... . If you want to make a weaker console look better on paper you use boost clocks. Chances are the sustained performance is lower than the listed TF#.

Why would you bet against the info given by the very article that provided the original data?

(edited quoted post)

Last edited by a moderator:
The focus seems to be heavily focused on user experience. It's not just adding an SSD to the system but optimising the user experience with it. 825GB size.

Back