Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, the latest scuttlebutt from Era is that "select" outlets got the video from Sony early.

Further, apparently dudes named "Tom" and "Matt" from Eurogamer have recently all but saying PS5 will be weaker.

It now appears they know that, not guessing if it's confirmed some have the info early. Schreier's tweet could also fall in that category.

I also notice a distinct lack of "insiders" telling PS5 will have more TF on Era, or when I checked last night, GAF. Hmmm. They seemed to evaporate as the clock nears midnight, odd.

We'll know for sure soon.

Did they omit cell somehow or creatively calculate it?

My recollection from discussions on here was at a primitive flop count cell was a relative monster. Rsx might have been a bit low but cell more than made up in the list wars.

2TF (CELL + RSX) according to our lord and savior Jensen.

1xLjBBV.jpg

"Both generations of Cell processors support a single-precision peak performance of 204.8 GFLOPS per single chip"

Maybe it is 8 tflops... I don't care game first, I will buy a PS5.

Possible, but I'm going to guess 9.2.

If Sony is stuck with 36 CU, they will want to push that as far as possible. f XSX is clocked 1825, we'd think they can push to 2.0. We also have the article about their expensive cooling.

9.2 would also make Playstation warriors sad, so Jason's tweet would still apply.

I think if you are a Sony guy and they are at 36 CU, you'd hope they push that clock even higher, to 2.2/10TF. That clock sounds stretching it though.

Yes, the latest scuttlebutt from Era is that "select" outlets got the video from Sony early.

Further, apparently dudes named "Tom" and "Matt" from Eurogamer have recently all but saying PS5 will be weaker.

It now appears they know that, not guessing if it's confirmed some have the info early. Schreier's tweet could also fall in that category.

I also notice a distinct lack of "insiders" telling PS5 will have more TF on Era, or when I checked last night, GAF. Hmmm. They seemed to evaporate as the clock nears midnight, odd.

We'll know for sure soon.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pl...cture-tomorrow-at-9am-pt.175561/post-29995370

They gave the information to journalist.

Didn't MS claim the Xbox 360 had over a teraflop of power when you combined the CPU/GPU and whatever else lol? I'm 99% sure they did because at the time I think I had to look up what a teraflop was. That was the true beginning of the flop wars :LOL:
No one does PR BS like MS. That war chest has its merits. ;)

AMD fanboys began the tflops wars IIRC. Nvidia kept wiping the floor with them but because ATI/Radeon had higher tflops, it's what they clinged onto.

Possible, but I'm going to guess 9.2.

If Sony is stuck with 36 CU, they will want to push that as far as possible. f XSX is clocked 1825, we'd think they can push to 2.0. We also have the article about their expensive cooling.

9.2 would also make Playstation warriors sad, so Jason's tweet would still apply.

I think if you are a Sony guy and they are at 36 CU, you'd hope they push that clock even higher, to 2.2/10TF. That clock sounds stretching it though.

Boost clock is still in play IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back