Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
This is it! (We Hope)

Playstation 5 revealed:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/202...ls-of-playstation-5-hardware-technical-specs/

Digital Foundry Article: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...s-and-tech-that-deliver-sonys-next-gen-vision

upload_2020-3-18_12-8-34-png.3667

Please use this thread for when the PS5 reveal event happens on 2020-03-18 @ 09:00 PST [Pacific Standard Time]. Keep the speculation in the baseless thread until then.

I assume they had this ready to go, otherwise this is astonishingly fast work - assuming it's good.

Mark Cerny is a guy whose communication style is very precise which I very much like.

GDC 2020 was supposed to be the 16th-20th of March. So they're pretty much delivering this at exactly the same time they'd been planning to for months. I don't buy into the marketing war stuff. This was Sony's plan all along, and I imagine they just recorded it exactly as they'd prepared it for the stage.

GDC 2020 was supposed to be the 16th-20th of March. So they're pretty much delivering this at exactly the same time they'd been planning to for months. I don't buy into the marketing war stuff. This was Sony's plan all along, and I imagine they just recorded it exactly as they'd prepared it for the stage.

D'oh! I always have GDC in my calendar but deleted it because it was canceled. I should have remembered this as I predicted this week as a possible reveal time here back in December. :runaway:

My guess was March 15 for the reveal, considering what is going on in the world I'll take this as a win

it makes a lot of sense being the week of GDC, but I have to say, given No GDC, it does look an awful lot like a response to MS recent XBSX reveal.
I wonder if there were any conversations @ Sony HQ, about possibly delaying this announcement, so as not to look like so much a direct response to MS's announcement.

Of course if it's all part of the "and now more from GDC..." stream the Sony announcement looks much less like a response.
So for those in the know about it being GDC time, it looks fine, but to anyone who doesn't, it looks an awful lot like a response.

"It's about the optics!"

OT: Wooohoo 3 days til DOOOOOOM!

That’s cool, because when l go night night, I’ll be relaxing and when l get up the news will be in.
l don’t know what is better, the reveal of waiting for shifty to admit l was right :cool:

Yep. 4pm UK time means I will quite literally pull my hair out all day, waiting for this to happen.

MY THEORY

As Horizon and Death Stranding are headed to PC, and likely more, we get souped up PS5 versions of those huge games running at whatever ‘Ultra’ settings they get on PC. Basically we get the PC version running on PS5.

As a free patch for existing owners. Ok maybe not a free patch. But cheap.

Ok maybe a remaster. At full price. Cause Sony.

Last edited:
My dream scenario for PS5 :

11-13TF RDNA2 with RT
Zen 2 - 3.8GHz
16GB GDDR6 18Gbps
1TB SSD - 5GB/s
Haptic and heart rate monitor in controller
Kick ass VR

Tbh, if we get this it would be absolutely smashing. I would also love for MS to release Lockhart so I can pick that one up for 1080p MS games.

Back