Death Stranding (DC) [PS4, PS5, PC]

I really though SIE would be publishing on PC as well. Unwelcomed surprise as it diminishes the chances of seeing other PS exclusives on PC.

if playing with cheats and mods, do you think it can be more fun for those that got bored with DS?

I'm curious because DS looks interesting but boring. In other games, for example JRPG, i usually skip the boring part using cheats. For open world games, i usually use mods or mod the game myself according to my taste. But i'm not so sure with DS. Because from what i saw thru gameplay videos, the "boring" is a crucial part of the gameplay experience and design. Like when fiddling with what stuff to carry, the crying baby, the walking simulator part.....

its the main reason i didnt buy it on PS4 and waiting for PC version. I'm afraid I will be instantly bored and wasted money just like when i bough RDR2 on PS4.

second reason
my ps4 pro is bloody loud. Will be pretty annoying for playing a game like DS that have tons of "down time".

The boring part is crucial because it's the only part. Honestly, I'm sure some people put all the cinematics together on youtube or something, and explain the story. The gameplay parts doesn't deserve 50 or 60 dollars/euros imo, even if using cheats on pc may help the gameplay.

Last edited:
The boring part is crucial because it's the only part. Honestly, I'm sure some people put all the cinematics together on youtube or something, and explain the story. The gameplay parts doesn't deserve 50 or 60 dollars/euros imo, even if using cheats on pc may help the gameplay.

Thats not entirely true, but i will contend its mostly true. Very major spoilers below.

There are parts of the game that have your more traditional gameplay elements.
  • there are a number of boss fights in the game (
    video of all the boss fights)
  • there are some human enemies from around midway through chapter one onwards (
    )
  • there are a number of mini boss kinda enemies that trigger on certain conditions (
    )

Still no Photomode for PS4 but an announcement of exclusivity on PC? I expect you to rightfully offer that Photomode to the console of the company that funded your entire project Kojima! Your game disappointed and it didn't even sell well yet the graphics is the only saving grace, so why is it so much to ask to at least give the players this feature so people might actually come back to replay it?

I doubt Sony will give him carte blanche again, so maybe he needs every $ from PC sales ? I don't doubt some ps4 users will buy it again on pc just for the photo mode.

I don't doubt some ps4 users will buy it again on pc just for the photo mode.

There probably is more to it then photo mode though, 60fps or higher, native 4k, ultra wide display support, and possibly higher settings like texture work, lighting and assets. Not to forget mods, and option ro use kb/m, xbox controller or ds4.

HZD on pc could offer same benefits, aside from photo mode which it already has. But that game will be considered crappy if it ain’t exclusive to one platform anymore by some ;)

Yeah I was focusing on photo mode, because there is no technical reason to not implement it on ps4 (while thz higher rez, etc, are obviously not possible).

I doubt Sony will give him carte blanche again, so maybe he needs every $ from PC sales ? I don't doubt some ps4 users will buy it again on pc just for the photo mode.

I think most people geeky enough to possibly want to buy a game a second time because of photo mode are also geeky enough to pirate it and would not feel bad to do so after having purchased it for ps4 anyway.

I think most people geeky enough to possibly want to buy a game a second time because of photo mode are also geeky enough to pirate it and would not feel bad to do so after having purchased it for ps4 anyway.

Those geeky enough wouldnt have actually bought it for ps4 in the first place, while not as easy, theres ways to have a modded ps4 for singleplayer games (every aaa game). And if they cant do it themselfs, they will pay someone to do it.

With DS coming to steam, kojima will see some extra game sales there.

Those geeky enough wouldnt have actually bought it for ps4 in the first place, while not as easy, theres ways to have a modded ps4 for singleplayer games (every aaa game). And if they cant do it themselfs, they will pay someone to do it.

With DS coming to steam, kojima will see some extra game sales there.

There are many people that are perfectibly capable of pirating games but don't do it for ethical considerations, but at the same time don't mind doing it if its for a port of a title they already purchased on another platform.

Teleporting/fast travel (while keeping your cargo) between discovered cities/point of interest will appears too, I'm pretty sure.

There are many people that are perfectibly capable of pirating games but don't do it for ethical considerations, but at the same time don't mind doing it if its for a port of a title they already purchased on another platform.

Piracy has gotten much less nowadays thanks to platforms like steam, and the often lower prices that means. Anyway, piracy is a problem both on PS and PC (no idea on xbox). Some people even sell PS4's with custom fw for almost the same price as new.

Piracy has gotten much less nowadays thanks to platforms like steam, and the often lower prices that means. Anyway, piracy is a problem both on PS and PC (no idea on xbox). Some people even sell PS4's with custom fw for almost the same price as new.

Your arguing about things way beyond the scope of the initial point. People who pirate ps4 games already did so with DS. They are irrelevant in a discussion of potential buyers of the PC port. I only brought up piracy in light of aledged consumers who would double dip on pc just for the sake of photomode. My argument was only that I believe those are not as many as Rootax thinks. That's all.

Yes, theres more to it then just photode though. Guess it all depends how much you like the game. I would wait for a lower price.

It looks like there will be an update to include photo-mode according to some site, but a date was never given.

I've never played Death Stranding but I am intrigued and fascinated by its controversy and hype before and after its release. I've never seen a game that is as polarizing as this one. I mean, I've read a ton of reviews on it, and scores are all over the place. They're as low as 6-7 and and as high as 9-10, which averages out at 8.2 on Metacritics.

I will take the plunge to see what this game is all about(Amazon 50% off sale) in hoping that at least there is some redeeming factor that I will like in a worst case scenario. I could see already that the game graphics and vistas looks gorgeous if anything else.

I do have a couple of questions...

1. What resolution does the game run at on the PS4 PRO?

2. I've never really found an answer to this possibly due to spoiler, but if the premise of its game-play is to deliver supplies by overcoming and navigating through challenging terrain on land/foot, then what is the reasoning for not being able to transport your supplies via drone, plane or helicopter considering the advanced technology base on its timeline? There has to be an explanation behind this, otherwise it would be a plot-hole that could effect one's motivation to push through the story.

Last edited:
1. What resolution does the game run at on the PS4 PRO?

Setting the Pro to 2160p output delivers checkerboarding, while a 1080p selection on the machine's front-end instigates Death Stranding's equivalent performance mode, eliminating every performance drop we could find in the game

Photo mode is out now for PS4 via update 1.12 along with performance improvements :D! Man am I gonna spend a ton of hours replaying it when I'm done with FFVII Remake.

Back