Pretty annoyed, First time having a flagship android phone: samsung galaxy 8

i was claiming my little bro's samsung phone warranty, and they replaced its daughter board. While waiting, i did some small talk with the CS person and i was told to stop washing my galaxy note 8. Because its old, the rubber sealant could be not as good as its prime days.

got home, washed my note 8 as usual.....
uh... top half of the screen now filled with random stuck pixels. Blergh. That CS person have the ability to see the future or something?

Now drying it by placing it a few centimeters bedhind PS4 Pro's exhaust while running FF7R.

EDIT: hey all of the stuck pixels are gone! to be safe, i'll keep drying it behind PS4 pro's exhaust for 1 more hour.

Last edited:
Now I'm curious. This is out of topic.

Do people usually wash anything they wear other than garments (shirt, pants, etc)? I mean, do people wash their shoes, sandals, watch, etc?

Most tend not piss to piss on our shoes.
Maybe about once a year we clean jewelry.

Ever heard of using sanitary wipes to clean your phone instead of washing it?

I totally forgot about that can be used on phones hahaha. thanks for reminding me! turns out my sanitary wipes stock are empty. I usually keep a pack or two as spare, in case cousins come over to play VR or i need to demo VR to some clients.

btw for those using sanitary wipes on phone, some phone have oleophobic coating that easyto be stripped by sanitary wipes. Although if your phone is a year old or more, the oleophobic coating probably already almost gone due to normal use.

They should do some real life show on you. The amount of problems you have with hardware can't possible be down to only bad luck and a cursed cat :LOL:

on the upside, it makes me able to fix various kinds of stuff. The even weirder thing is that when i work as a freelance "just call me" service guy, things that i serviced works fine for a long time (including xbox 360). But my own stuff on the other hand... keeps breaking.

btw the broken stuff also usually comes in groups. for example this last fiasco with my phone.

1. Phone got water inside
2. PC HDD almost dies (erratic read/write perf)
3. Nintendo switch right joycon analogue stick stuck

all in the same week.

thats why i usually buy extended warranty if its available. It was really useful. for example with 3yrs warranty of acer laptop i got
- New motherboard ( i think 3 times)
- New battery
- New HDD
- New ODD
- New laptop (1 time) when they finally give up replacing mobo. That replacement laptop unfortunately was stolen in less than a month

all of this happen in less than 3 years. So all covered with the extended warranty

EDIT:
i also have bad luck with motorcycle. When i was in university years ago, i use motorcycle daily and i almost always have flat tires every 1-2 months. Didn't happen when i drove a car tho.

could be bad luck, could be i was bullied but i didnt realized it (as my friends from various social group always tells me im "not sensitive")

Back