Sony Playstation 5 Reveal? [The Great Awaitening] [HangOver Day: 2020-03-18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what date do you think the event was cancelled? And where was it going to based? I assume USA, same as PS4. So you think with no COVID19 in the US, and the vent already pre-booked and prepared, Sony cancelled the US event because of the virus in China? Or do you think it was cancelled because Sony fears supply will mean the product won't launch this year?
A user in resetEra said Kleegamefan sent pm to him about PS Meeting in late February.

I agree the meeting is likely to be in USA. But we can look at the cancellation of MWC. MWC in Spain (on Feb 24) was cancelled on Feb.13 , because of the coronavirus. It's obvious that a lot of companies already changed their promotion in the first half of February.

Several possible reasons why Sony delayed the PS meeting: 1. Problems in supply chain may affect PS5 launch. 2. Sony wants to avoid the risk of
possible coronavirus infection during their PS meeting (same reason as MWC cancellation). 3. Currently, every promotion has little effect in Japan and Asian markets because people only care how to avoid coronavirus.

We can almost be sure there never was a meeting planned in February, insiders made the guess based upon the 2013 PS4 reveal. I can't thinkoff that only one or two persons where aware of a Feb meeting.

Maybe they'll wait till things reaching absolutely critical condition when people are punching and stabbing each other on the street for PS5 info, do they finally start to post a tweet or two?

I really hope PS5 wont sound so loud like PS4 and PS4 Pro...
I'm also not sure the "V" shape with tons of vents alone are enough. as my PS4 Pro still very loud when running without the case on.

i"ve bveen playing FF7R andf Spiderman on PS4 Pro these last few days and OMG turns out there's an even faster (and louder) fan step than the usual utterly ridiculously loud fan step (that only triggered by certain games). My PS4 Pro finally hits it after leaving it on with spiderman idling for 5 hours straight (to dry my wet samsung galaxy note 8). When i finally put it on hibernation, my ears feels weird. Like... feels so liberating, so peaceful.
considering to disassemble it and replace the TIM, but... sheesh! there's like 20+ screws in there. THen I saw the heatsink of X1X on youtube, yikes... If only Sony also invest that heavily in cooling solution....

They invested more this time in the cooling solution, partly due to high gpu clocks, but a more costly cooling solution could improve sound levels too.

When i finally put it on hibernation, my ears feels weird.

lol, ear damage :p

considering to disassemble it and replace the TIM

Don't bother, it's not going to help all that much. Cleaning from dust to allow more airflow you can try.

A guy from Bethesda was at An Francisco to talk about PS5 with Sony.

Pete Hines was on the Kinda Funny podcast yesterday and he and Greg got into a conversation about how three years ago he was on the podcast. They talked about how he's rarely even in San Francisco and he said that he really doesn't think that he's even been back to there since then. So, Greg asked what brought him back and he said that he was over at Sony getting an update on new PS5 stuff

Maybe soon a reveal or some bad news if it is a delay of the console.

They invested more this time in the cooling solution, partly due to high gpu clocks, but a more costly cooling solution could improve sound levels too.

lol, ear damage :p

Don't bother, it's not going to help all that much. Cleaning from dust to allow more airflow you can try.

But if they clock higher... More heat... Loud noise. Surely they won't put a water cooling on that. Or put it in with expensive orange heatsink (argh I can't remember the material name)

Microsoft with xsx design looks to be quiet.

Btw my PS4 pro airflow is squeaky clean. Okay, hyperbole, it's not squeaky. But it's clean.

Before I cleaned it, it only have very little dust stuck on the heatsink fins. Now it have no dust blocking the fins.

Still as loud as ever. And the exhaust is not hot, just warm. That's why I suspect the TIM needs to be replaced.

Then I looked at the price of thermal pads... Oh my God! 1 dollars for 1cm x 1cm x 1mm. And I would need more than 20 of them. That's too expensive. Better to just move the PS4 pro to another room and run a long hdmi cable and usb cable

A briefing of a delay of an update...

If Sony have any reservations about launch supply, they absolutely would need to have that conversation with the senior comms people in larger third parties developers. Pete Hines is not a dev, so he was not there talking about hardware specifications or features. :nope:

Maybe a brief on what aspect to hype about their games on ps5?
Bethesda are so Microsoft and always have been. :yep2: I also think that Bethesda know how to over-hype their own games! :runaway:

Anyway better than please meet us in SF, fine, we wanted to tell you just that ps5 is delayed, now go please.

I'm also not sure the "V" shape with tons of vents alone are enough. as my PS4 Pro still very loud when running without the case on.

i"ve bveen playing FF7R andf Spiderman on PS4 Pro these last few days and OMG turns out there's an even faster (and louder) fan step than the usual utterly ridiculously loud fan step (that only triggered by certain games). My PS4 Pro finally hits it after leaving it on with spiderman idling for 5 hours straight (to dry my wet samsung galaxy note 8). When i finally put it on hibernation, my ears feels weird. Like... feels so liberating, so peaceful.
considering to disassemble it and replace the TIM, but... sheesh! there's like 20+ screws in there. THen I saw the heatsink of X1X on youtube, yikes... If only Sony also invest that heavily in cooling solution....

Scratch that. Turns out that the cooling solution on PS4 PRO is already good enough despite its relatively small size.

So I believe sony really know what they are doing, thus PS5 with v shape with tons of vents could be quiet.

As long as Sony use good quality TIM. Why? Because I just replaced the thermal paste and pads on my ps4 pro and it's quieter than when I bought it years ago. I can't hear the damn thing running even when playing games that are infamous in making ps4 pro screams like jet.

Now I imagine the ps4 engineers were baffled how can their baby screams like a jet engine. They were sure their cooling design were good for quiet operation. Turns out the cheap TIM is the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back