Dreams : create, share & play [PS4, PS5]

If they arn't visibly correct, they ain't working right. ;)
Uhm, I know. Of course they are not working right, I didn't say otherwise. o_O

I only said that there are ways to make it look better, so it's also the way you set up the lighting, not just flaws or limitations of the engine (which are there and exist, I insist).

That MechaWhale is really amazing! That is some high quality animation and design!

Maybe fixed by setting physics quality to high? The probelm I have with these connectors is positioning them right. You can't naturally snap them dead-enter to a surface - try attaching a round head to a cylindrical body nicely centred on both objects.

It’s wobbly because it’s not attached to the centre, I have little exposure but from memory shift is right that it’s nigh on impossible to easily connect to a centre.

There’s got to be a work around, it’s just knowing what that is.

Maybe fixed by setting physics quality to high? The probelm I have with these connectors is positioning them right. You can't naturally snap them dead-enter to a surface - try attaching a round head to a cylindrical body nicely centred on both objects.

Working with the grid will make sure that your surfaces align to a grid and then the connectors obviously too. And you can use surface snap otherwise. I was messing around with it a bit myself with attaching a propellor to a plane. The grid made it easy though I had some trouble with the propellor getting in the way. I just zoomed a lot but there are probably other tricks.

If grid can do it, it needs some practice with it to set it up. If I create an object and scale it arbitrarily, it generally doesn't grid snap. Even then, keeping everything grid aligned isn't straight-forwards due to handle positions. Let's say you create two cubes, not grid aligned, and then want to connect them in the centre of their faces a small distance apart. How does one do this?

I like this session about working with animations. It's amazingly powerful what you get out of the box ...

And this is bound to be really interesting too ... I set it to the point where he starts showing how he made things, and it's a great tutorial (and amazingly simple actually).

Back