Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make the aim worse or better for the AI depending on difficulty for a game involving shooting.
Or just make it match my(awful) aiming, that way if I get better(fat chance) so will the enemy. There you go, no skill shaming difficulty levels just a me level.

Eh, if he had such good proof he would get vetted over on ResetEra too but that didn't happen and he ghosted that place.

Why is it always friends that have such secret info, do ppl really risk their jobs like that? Anyway, still no hard data or tech so far, just hearsay and ’close’, which could mean anything, in special with dev kits.

Do we have any info about a next rainbow six game btw? Such a game would focus on ESL or competitive mode for higher fps? 90fps strikes me as odd, why not a locked 60 or 120, if they focus on esport that is. They want 144 but anyway.

Why is it always friends that have such secret info, do ppl really risk their jobs like that?
Yes. It's not much risk. You'd need to trace the poster IRL, and then track them to whomever their friend is, and then realistically prove they shared info. So yeah, someone making stuff up would say, "my friend told me," while someone whose friend told them would also say, "my friend told me so."

Anyway, still no hard data or tech so far, just hearsay and ’close’, which could mean anything...
The 'close' here is very much about processing power - "tiny bit slower" and "tiny bit faster" - rather than previous ambiguous statements that could be served with 'on-screen performance'.

Last edited:
I see the operation to discredit a developer that is certified on resetera has commenced.

If he's really an insider why wasn't he certified on resetera??

A certified dev on resetera appears saying the exact same thing:
B-but why is it only his friends that erm.. I doubt! Cast doubt!

The 'close' here is very much about processing power - "tiny bit slower" and "tiny bit faster" - rather than previous ambiguous statements that could be served with 'on-screen performance'.
For which a large 30% difference of 9.2TF vs. 12TF would never quantify as tiny bit faster.

I don't know, maybe same reason there are top end 2019/2020 model Sony TVs that do not support HDMI 2.1. :confused:
Wow, this is probably the farthest reaching strawman of the entire thread.
slow clap

And yet it's infinitely better than discussing fucking GAF posts.

Any GAF post or just the fucking GAF posts with content you don't like because they suggest the SeriesX will not be substantially faster than the PS5?
Are we still in denial?

Yes. It's not much risk.

I just wonder why a developer would say confidental info to his/her friends like that, about both consoles. As Iroboto pointed out (who has contacts at the actual studio), it is highly unlikely.

For which a large 30% difference of 9.2TF vs. 12TF would never quantify as tiny bit faster.

The only ones saying it's not 9/12TF are posters on forums. Everything else basically points to 9.2TF for the PS5, including Digital Foundry.

At this point those who still think it's going to be 8 vs 12 are living in a delusion. AFAIK the only true devs & journalists insiders that have made a clear statement have said both machines currently have very similar target specs and min nvidia 2080 performance.

What about that MS guy that in stealth hinted at 8 vs 12 in a tweet? Should we also take that as 8 vs 12TF in favour of the XSX?

Serious devs will not push 90hz at all cost.

The dev is serious, the leaker probably isn't, let's not entertain the idea that the developers are stupid.

Any GAF post. I don't care about performance crowns, nor any pretenders or insiders, I only care about technical specifications. None of which are contained there.

I think that's the whole problem, we have only 'insiders' origination from places like GAF. I wonder, why ain't any of those here? ;) B3D is seen as a very serious place for something this big to leak out.

I just wonder why a developer would say confidental info to his/her friends like that, about both consoles.
Because their friends are gamers and interested and asked.

As Iroboto pointed out (who has contacts at the actual studio), it is highly unlikely
Have you got no friends telling you confidential info about their place of work? It's not uncommon by any stretch; it's normal human behaviour. The only people who won't share with their long-term friends are spies. ;)

I think that's the whole problem, we have only 'insiders' origination from places like GAF. I wonder, why ain't any of those here? ;) B3D is seen as a very serious place for something this big to leak out.
GAF is huge and has had many real devs over the years. I don't know which remain and which moved to ResetERA, but GAF was the gaming forum where devs would connect with gamers in the fays before Twitter and Discord. It shouldn't be completely discounted just because the rules there allow a lot more...freedom of personal expression that B3D does.

For those behind work firewalls and unable to see tweets. Here's more context around that. This is from the article of DF talking with 4A Games: https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/digitalfoundry-2020-4a-games-on-next-gen-we-are-fully-into-ray-tracing

It's official. 4A Games are fully committed to ray tracing technology for its next big game and the implications are exciting. The firm is in preparing for the next generation with initial work concentrated around RT - strongly suggesting that ray tracing support isn't an afterthought built into next-gen console silicon, but a key feature of the design.

In an interview centred on 4A Games' excellent work in bringing Metro Redux to Switch, we asked CTO Oles Shishkovstov for his reaction to publicly revealed aspects of next generation console hardware. "We are fully into ray tracing, dropping old-school codepath/techniques completely," he told us.

The results are often beautiful and if you have an RTX-enabled graphics card, Metro Exodus and its DLC are essential purchases (Intel and AMD hardware supporting the DXR API used by 4A is in development) but the firm's comments suggest that these 'add-on' effects are very much a first generation effort and that ray tracing has a more central role to play in its future games and the next iteration of the 4A engine.

There's still much we don't know about the next generation of console hardware and while the prospect of Zen 2 CPU cores, solid state storage, ray tracing and 2x the graphics power of Xbox One X sounds awesome, 4A reckons there's more to come. "I am more excited for not yet publicly revealed things," Oles Shishkovstov says, enigmatically.

GAF is huge and has had many real devs over the years. I don't know which remain and which moved to ResetERA, but GAF was the gaming forum where devs would connect with gamers in the fays before Twitter and Discord. It shouldn't be completely discounted just because the rules there allow a lot more...freedom of personal expression that B3D does.

But that doesn't make the post true, hence why it is in the baseless section. I have very little faith in it, as the whole thing comes over as very unserious. Everyone is free to believe it, or what they want to believe though. Anyone can find the MS guy hinting at a 8TF PS5? Probably very baseless as anything else here, but anyway since there's worse now :)

It was a tweet or post from someone MS that hinted with arrows pointing to the PS5, 8 in total, and 12 to the XSX.

New Microsoft Surface products able to switch into XBox Dashboard mode to game... o_O
Sorry to bring clarity, it's obviously the 3D audio. Finally.
Everyone is free to believe it, or what they want to believe though.
I've not seen anyone say they believe it, only discuss what is said.
It seems like unless people are just dismissing it and choose to talk about it on its technical merit, you decide to take that as them believing it.

And even if they believed it so what? Just talk about the technical merits, that's the whole point of this thread. You say here is supposed to be about technical discussion but you seem to always be the one talking about people?

I've not seen anyone say they believe it, only discuss what is said.
It seems like unless people are just dismissing it and choose to talk about it on its technical merit, you decide to take that as them believing it.

Oh that explains alot, i was really under the impression some truly believed it. Thx for the headsup ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back