Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dude was always full of shit. 5.5 tflops PS4 Pro and Zen CPU PS4 pro. Come on.

It's like some people just make things up without even thinking about longer then one second, and post it on some random forum. 9 to 12TF some might see that as minimal :S

I think @Shifty Geezer was pretty clear about dogpiling on rumor sources in this thread.

Well, he has had it wrong before, not all are aware of that. I wasn't untill Proelite posted about it. He's not repeating it over and over again does he?

BTW, for all I know, he could be about as full of it as you.

Ye, that's why we are in the baseless section, everything here is full of it.

But one big difference is he's been vetted by the forum's mod team, and at least he's putting his account on the line with a clear ban if his info doesn't come through.

Ya, we have seen how that goes. Also, how much worth do people actually put on forum accounts? I myself, next to nothing.

Whereas all you've been doing is betting virtual moneys for how sure you are of the Github Gospel with no real repercussions if your sources are wrong.

Virtual money?

And the Inquisitors just can't help themselves.
I think @Shifty Geezer was pretty clear about dogpiling on rumor sources in this thread.

But one big difference is he's been vetted by the forum's mod team, and at least he's putting his account on the line with a clear ban if his info doesn't come through.
Whereas all you've been doing is betting virtual moneys for how sure you are of the Github Gospel with no real repercussions if your sources are wrong.
He was vetted as working in the retail chain, and being present at a private retail presentation about the Pro. What he said checked out perfectly. He leaked the 4.2TF specs and the price.

He also said sony told them a 5.5TF was something they considered and rejected. That one is unverifiable.

It's technically reasonable that they could have waited a year for better parametric yield and clocked it much higher than 911MHz. There's nothing special about it, and there's no claim it ever existed beyond an internal discussion. It also makes sense they would talk about this as an explanation for the price and early launch since this was a retail presentation. They are trying to convince them to allocate a large batch for launch. They have to convince them the thing is going to sell well.

Last edited:

Btw, he is not putting up his account for ban on Gaf. He never did. I asked him in Gaf if he wanted to do a permaban or lifetime gold ban bet. He wasn't up for it. In addition, I found such account bets are not allowed. He is involved in is some Avatar bet.

I wanted to do any kind of bet on here but we are only allowed to do donation bets. If people don't pay up I am assuming they're are permabanned?

He was vetted as working in the retail chain, and being present at a private retail presentation about the Pro. What he said checked out perfectly. He leaked the 4.2TF specs and the price.

He also said sony told then a 5.5TF was something they considered and rejected. That one is unverifiable.

He said that Pro was going to have UHD.

He said that 6 months before release Sony was considering a stronger Pro with $100 extra price.

Currently he stated that Xsx was 11.6 TF. That number is completely fabricated.

Can someone find me his 4.2TF post? Because only thing he got correct, and I checked it few months ago when similar argument was presented here, was that PS4 Neo was ~2x more powerful.

Along with this he also said they were thinking about CPU upgrade which would raise price price to $499 and that it would came equiped with UHD.

Only thing he actually got right was ~2x TF, which btw was already rumored 2 days before by Anandtech (and was in line with what you would expect out of refresh console in 2016 considering TDP/dir size).

Apart from that he said dozens of things and little riddles that people tried to make sense of, which obviously never made any sense. I still remember him saying PS5 reveal will happen in "fortnight" back in January.

Btw, he is not putting up his account for ban on Gaf. He never did.
Doesn't matter what he puts his account up for. The mods at that thread have been pretty clear about what the repercussions are for each of the insiders if their info comes out wrong to the point of being clear they'd been making stuff up.
I've seen at least 2 users being banned for posing as insiders, just in the last couple of weeks.

So if his posts offend you and your beliefs so much and he's wrong, rest assured that he'll be gone.
In the meanwhile, it's been made pretty clear that if you get offended by baseless rumors then this thread isn't for you.

I asked him in Gaf if he wanted to do a permaban or lifetime gold ban bet.
Yes, you want to make a lot of big-ass bets ($100k in here, IIRC) using anonymous accounts on anonymous forums, without ever having any means to guarantee you'll ever fulfill your end of the bargain.
We get that.

Ya, we have seen how that goes. Also, how much worth do people actually put on forum accounts? I myself, next to nothing.
Go figure.

He said that Pro was going to have UHD.

He said that 6 months before release Sony was considering a stronger Pro with $100 extra price.

Currently he stated that Xsx was 11.6 TF. That number is completely fabricated.
I agree that nothing he said after the supposed presentation really checked out. He went into superstar leaker mode.

He said he doesn't have the actual numbers, just devs impressions. He's being told they're very close like 12.2 vs 12.4 as an example.

(I don't believe him, for the record)

Last edited:
In the meanwhile, it's been made pretty clear that if you get offended by baseless rumors then this thread isn't for you.

Then dont be offended yourself when someone else doesnt believe in the rumor/source.

He said he doesn't have the actual numbers, just devs impressions

Highly unlikey someone is going to have all the information regarding both consoles, and leak them at the same time. 'Dev impressions' could mean anything, they are close, yes, Pro and One X are considered close to many too, so are One S and PS4.

(I don't believe him, for the record)

Same here. I have a hard time believing insiders on forums, because why in hell would an insider to a forum (4chan, reddit, gaf etc) to leak something.

Just to be clear, there's nothing wrong with criticising the validity of a rumour or source. It's okay to call a source out as bull-shit. What's not okay is calling people out for posting a rumour, agreeing with a rumour, or trying to argueover whether you think a source a bullshit or not. When it comes to faith in a source, state one's POV and move on.

Whereas all you've been doing is betting virtual moneys for
Betting real money, just not to other forum members. If Proelite is wrong, he will be out of pocket the amount he's bet (current standing $1.6 million IIRC) with his donation to B3D.

Same here. I have a hard time believing insiders on forums, because why in hell would an insider to a forum (4chan, reddit, gaf etc) to leak something.

But here you are doing exactly the same thing? Didn't you state before that you have sources? Even before the github leak IIRC?

Just to be clear, there's nothing wrong with criticising the validity of a rumour or source. It's okay to call a source out as bull-shit.

Can we call out @Proelite as bull-shit then? Since he's been putting himself on a pedestal as a trustworthy source, then we should be able to scrutinise him in the same way he shits on scrutinises others.

But here you are doing exactly the same thing? Didn't you state before that you have sources? Even before the github leak IIRC?
As I wrote above, I believe that'd be Proelite who BTW behaves very much like your typical fake insider that we see in other forums (obsessively tries to discredit others with mockery, tries to make pompous virtual bets on how right he is, engages with everyone who doubts his claims, etc.)

Wait what lol.

I don't think the other people in the bets signed up for that!

They can't afford it.
7d35f48794c256813206998ff78b423a.gif

Can we call out @Proelite as bull-shit then?
Not any more. People have already said they don't think he's a good source. Those people are free to ignore him.

The way it's supposed to go is:

1) New rumour is posted.
2) Some people agree with it. Some don't and call bullshit.
3) Maybe talk a bit about viability of source.
4) Talk a bit about implications of said rumour if true.
5) Move on.

For example, the Bloomberg story

1) Story referenced.
2) Some people agree with it. Some don't and call bullshit.
3) Maybe talk a bit about viability of source. <-- this can be good and B3Dish when it looks at technical challenges to technical claims
4) Talk a bit about implications of said rumour if true. <-- the best bit and most B3D bit
5) On to the next rumour. If there isn't one, either wait patiently or make one up. Please don't revisit steps 2 and 3 for any previous rumour!

People are having a hard time with step 5 though. :yep2:

Last edited:
From what I've read of Klee and OsirisBlack posts there is no stake for them because they been been general and vague enough in what they have given that it would be difficult to prove them right or wrong...

Like how how will you ever be able to verify this:
Game 000000 O. “Newer tools are much more refined for Sony’s machine. XseX is slightly ahead in Spec on new gdk.” They do not have final PSV Development kit and the person I know that has access to it won’t talk about it. Asked about numbers “12.2/12.4 not exactly numbers that is how minimal the difference is.” As far as the game, I’ll write up what I just saw and talked about when I’m not on my phone.

The excuses could be.."Dev Kits weren't final at the time".."sdk's wren't final at the time"..or "I was told the difference was "minimal" that's all"

This supposed second-hand info from a "developer's perception of relative performance" that is then attempted to be passed off/insinuated as compute numbers/specs is NEVER going to be able truly verifiable.

The excuses could be.."Dev Kits weren't final at the time".."sdk's wren't final at the time"..or "I was told the difference was "minimal" that's all"

His account is definitely on the line if we end up with a 9TF console vs a 12TF one.
You simply don't go from a suggested 1.6% difference to a real 30% one and blame it on devkit variability.

Same for Klee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back