Halo: Reach

I played the demo last night. Whipped up on a bunch of youngsters who didn't know where the rockets and hammer spawned.

Jetpack + rockets = LOL!

Halo Reach completed, 10 years later. How things have changed. From playing it at 1152x640 30fps on x360 to playing it at 1440p 170fps on pc.

Bungie's explained Halo Reach's resolution, and why they chose it that way.

"Halo 3 uses not one, but two frame buffers - both of which render at 1152x640 pixels. The reason we chose this slightly unorthodox resolution and this very complex use of two buffers is simple enough to see - lighting. We wanted to preserve as much dynamic range as possible - so we use one for the high dynamic range and one for the low dynamic range values. Both are combined to create the finished on screen image. This ability to display a full range of HDR ... gives our scenes ... a steady and smooth frame rate, which in the end was far more important to us than the ability to display a few extra pixels."

Story wise it's my favorite Halo, as the plot is easy to understand. The other Halo games don't have a bad story, but sometimes I get the feeling of not knowing what the heck they're talking about.

Halo Reach completed, 10 years later. How things have changed. From playing it at 1152x640 30fps on x360 to playing it at 1440p 170fps on pc.

Bungie's explained Halo Reach's resolution, and why they chose it that way.

"Halo 3 uses not one, but two frame buffers - both of which render at 1152x640 pixels. The reason we chose this slightly unorthodox resolution and this very complex use of two buffers is simple enough to see - lighting. We wanted to preserve as much dynamic range as possible - so we use one for the high dynamic range and one for the low dynamic range values. Both are combined to create the finished on screen image. This ability to display a full range of HDR ... gives our scenes ... a steady and smooth frame rate, which in the end was far more important to us than the ability to display a few extra pixels."

Story wise it's my favorite Halo, as the plot is easy to understand. The other Halo games don't have a bad story, but sometimes I get the feeling of not knowing what the heck they're talking about.

Do you get the sound bug where the mixing is broken, sounds muffled, and only in stereo?

Googling around, MS have acknowledged the bug even before reach were released on PC and they are working on it. But it's now already Feb 2020 :(

(they said it was due to the Change in audio engine or format)

Do you get the sound bug where the mixing is broken, sounds muffled, and only in stereo?

Googling around, MS have acknowledged the bug even before reach were released on PC and they are working on it. But it's now already Feb 2020 :(

(they said it was due to the Change in audio engine or format)
edit: sry, wrong game. Yes, I got that bug, but more than bug I think it was a bad design decision and not a bug

Back