uber-Troll!
Legend
Windows 10 has introduced quick access to standard emojis with "Windows + ."
I can bring up a panel like this...

upload_2020-2-3_14-36-17.png

And include some emojis like these smileys :
and these : :D ( •̀ ω •́ )✧ ψ(`∇´)ψ
and symbols : ௹ ġ ↯ ⅔ ²

Which are all visible in the entry field as I add them, but upon posting, not everything appears in the post. Note the lack of pretty emojis.

Could/should we enable the full glut of 21st century communication (okay, not the full glut as memes are off the menu!).

And please don't try and shoe-horn in support for the old emojis in XF2

Old smilies are still supported on XF2, so we can still have the roll-eyes and run-away. And they're all integrated in the XF "Smilies" pop-up too, so no need to use "Winkey+." to post them, but either one can be used.

The XF Smilies Popup:

upload_2020-2-3_10-37-55.png

The WinKey+. shows a little smaller in the composer window but they show identical in the preview window:

upload_2020-2-3_10-40-39.png

All I want is the ability to personalize the background of the forum's interface into a tiling animated gif of a rotating golden 3D money sign covered with marijuana stickers.

Old smilies are still supported on XF2, so we can still have the roll-eyes and run-away.
I'm referring to the ancient smilies graphics that were forced into XF1 because folks here didn't want to change. What we have currently are not standard XF emojis.

I'm referring to the ancient smilies graphics that were forced into XF1 because folks here didn't want to change. What we have currently are not standard XF emojis.

I agree, that new smilies should be the default for ones that have direct upgrades, while keeping any custom smilies available.

I agree, that new smilies should be the default for ones that have direct upgrades, while keeping any custom smilies available.
I'll disagree here, they look terrible. There are a huge amount of emojis available in XF2. Any that aren't covered already will have an alternative available and search/replace can update those. Leave the past behind, don't bring in that crap into an upgrade.

I'll disagree here, they look terrible. There are a huge amount of emojis available in XF2. Any that aren't covered already will have an alternative available and search/replace can update those. Leave the past behind, don't bring in that crap into an upgrade.

But runaway and eyerolls are awesome! Jaggy edges and all flat and nonshaded and all.
:rolleyes::runaway:

Maybe this one is fine for eye rolls, if only it was animated.
:rolleyes:

Just testing if the most important modern emojis work from mobile:

[emoji30][emoji1784][emoji855][emoji451]

EDIT: well that looks fine on my phone [emoji16][emoji3590]

But only in Tapatalk it seems, web view isn’t as good ...

Just testing if the most important modern emojis work from mobile:

[emoji30][emoji1784][emoji855][emoji451]

EDIT: well that looks fine on my phone [emoji16][emoji3590]

But only in Tapatalk it seems, web view isn’t as good ...
They look fine here too. I see they're inserted as emoji tags. {emoji123} Unicode character inserts don't work though, so that's a Tapatalk thing I guess. Though the *emoji* tags are better art than the god-awful Windows 10 set.

Back