Sony Playstation 5 Reveal? [The Great Awaitening] [HangOver Day: 2020-03-18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some PS5 reveal must happen before GDC 16-20 March. During that conference it is difficult to control the unwanted leaks

Here's the thing, unless Sony make some noise about why I should watch, I just won't. I don't have time. Like London-Boy said. "I'm BUSY". February 2013 got my attention because it was known about three weeks in advance and was speculated to be for PS4.

Not everybody lives and breaths games day-to-day or even week-to-week - few do. If you want people to take notice you need not only to plan to make sure that folks are aware and plan, as best you can, that the announcement is not at a time when it will be drowned out.

But if Sony puts up a youtube and other video site links after state of play has run, it will get seen by tons of people. It's not like every press outlet, wont get an email with a press release and then go and link to those videos. Write articles etc etc.
I bet that there will be links on here to and you will most likely see the "reveal" in less than 24h after state of play. And it will have a 7 page discussion on here about how good/bad it is.

But if Sony puts up a youtube and other video site links after state of play has run, it will get seen by tons of people. It's not like every press outlet, wont get an email with a press release and then go and link to those videos. Write articles etc etc.
I bet that there will be links on here to and you will most likely see the "reveal" in less than 24h after state of play. And it will have a 7 page discussion on here about how good/bad it is.

7 page? More like 700 pages. Within the first 24 hours [emoji2]

Register site is up:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/ps5/

We've begun to share some of the incredible features you can expect from PlayStation 5, but we're not quite ready to fully unveil the next generation of PlayStation. Sign up below to be among the first to receive updates as we announce them, including news on the PS5 release date, PS5 price and the upcoming roster of PS5 launch games.

...that sounds like it might not be anytime soon...

Word is they’re waiting for MS to reveal their price, so they can adjust. Bit silly if I’m honest.
3.6 Roentgen, Not Great, Not Terrible

Aside: I mean, it's not the best news one could be looking for. I would be hoping that Sony would be leading, not waiting to see what their competitors do - without getting into 4D chess talk that is.

Being the leaders that they are, they should be designing their next product for their customer base. I'm going to have to look at this type of response with less confidence that they have in their product.

If nobody can buy it until november, the details are not that important right now. Seriously it's 10 months away and having an unveiling in feb, march, april, may, makes little difference to gamers.

It's a business decision. They need at least a few months to create buzz, they also need actual gameplay to show, new games to announce, and they need to express a value proposition which requires a price. They have some advantages in announcing later but they shouldn't push their luck.

Word is they’re waiting for MS to reveal their price, so they can adjust. Bit silly if I’m honest.
a-strange-game-the-only-winning-move-is-not-to-6657317.png

Microsoft should just announce the XBSX price equals the PS5 minus $1.

Tommy McClain

Damage Control? They reworded the phrase as it initially said "it will take some time".

This does not bode well at all...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200204-171902.jpg
    Screenshot_20200204-171902.jpg
    641.8 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back