Sony Playstation 5 Reveal? [The Great Awaitening] [HangOver Day: 2020-03-18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether or not February is off the table for an event you'd have to think the window is getting pretty small now for a reveal event because:

Sony's comms strategy this gen is nothing like previous gens. While I still expect something public-focussed next month (February) I wouldn't be hugely surprised if February sails past with no announcement and Sony change tact. Microsoft are doing an event in parallel (not at) E3 which implies an Xbox news vacuum surrounding E3. I.e. why would you release some Xbox info just before E3, in parallel to E3, then just after? You can, but why would you?

Supposing Sony hold out until May, like Microsoft in 2013. Now Sony have about a month of PS5 news coverage. Microsoft could respond earlier but then you have less to reveal at E3. This assumes Microsoft attaches any value to E3. I think they still do.

It's like Sony are playing reveal chicken but I'm not sure with who. I reckon Microsoft would be happy revealing everything at E3 and not earlier.

If Sony want to capitalise on 5, the 5th May would be good for them. It's a Tuesday.

My question (and missed point thanks to my addled brain not stating it plainly) was that in American that would mean 5 days from now with no serious leaks. Seems highly improbable. If it was less than a week away I would expect tons press to be talking about it.

And damn my head hurts. Going to go find a drill and fix my sinuses!

My question (and missed point thanks to my addled brain not stating it plainly) was that in American that would mean 5 days from now with no serious leaks. Seems highly improbable. If it was less than a week away I would expect tons press to be talking about it.

And damn my head hurts. Going to go find a drill and fix my sinuses!

If it's a State of Play I don't see how there could be any leaks...

Yup. Now there were a few media tweeting earlier this month about some kind of reveal or information release next month (February) and it's not uncommon for press invites to be embargoed, as in press can't reveal the event until the event. But if the goal of inviting press to a product reveal is to drive up interest, why would you embargo it?

But then why would Sony talk to Wired, a media outlet that ceased to be relavent about fifteen years ago? Nothing about what Sony is doing makes sense.

Seriously though, I thought I saw a rumour of it being via state of play a few weeks ago...

That would be nuts. I've owned a PlayStation, PS2, PS2 Slim, PSP, PS3, PS Vita, PS4 and PS4 Pro and never watched a State of Play.

you will this time!

Here's the thing, unless Sony make some noise about why I should watch, I just won't. I don't have time. Like London-Boy said. "I'm BUSY". February 2013 got my attention because it was known about three weeks in advance and was speculated to be for PS4.

Not everybody lives and breaths games day-to-day or even week-to-week - few do. If you want people to take notice you need not only to plan to make sure that folks are aware and plan, as best you can, that the announcement is not at a time when it will be drowned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back