Oculus Quest | Meta Quest 2

Unfortunate that Facebook is associated with it.

2l1o6LJ.gif

Put it on the u.s ebay

i decided to keep it, i also bough 2meters USB C to USB A 3.1 cable :D

i;ll surely make a "headrest" mod for the Quest so it will feel like PSVR.

unfortunately i cant disassemble the screen, so i cant add a diffuser (matte screen protector) to reduce the SDE.

Oculus Quest widescreen recording! Easily enable widescreen recording with this app (Android / Windows)

This app will enable landscape video recording in your Quest (instead of the ugly square format) and improve its quality.

---

How to:

1. Install SideQuest, enable WIFI ADB.

2. Download Questkit for Android or Windows

3. run the app
---

video tutorial if you need it

Android:

Windows:

Question for people that own the Quest. I've read that the battery life on it is fairly short.

Can you use it while it's plugged in? Does it charge or at least not drain the battery if you do this?

If you can, will it charge or at least maintain battery if you attach a battery pack to it?

Regards,
SB

Question for people that own the Quest. I've read that the battery life on it is fairly short.

Can you use it while it's plugged in? Does it charge or at least not drain the battery if you do this?

If you can, will it charge or at least maintain battery if you attach a battery pack to it?

Regards,
SB

Yes you can plug it in and use it. Using the standard cable and standard charger, it will charge slowly if you also using it.

If you use battery pack, make sure it supports USB PD charging at 15 watt. Otherwise the charge rate wont be able to catch up with the drain.
If you use oculus Link, also make sure the USB port on PC able to push enough power.

There was some interesting battery back+strap replacements at ces shown for quest. One of them got a lot of praise for making quest much more balanced/stable and not being front heavy anymore.

Once the dust settles I will be getting something as quest is painfully front heavy out of the box. Not comfortable to wear as is.

To those with the quest, why did you choose it over the rift (similar price)
ps: there is also the GO for £138

For, me the biggest reasons for the Quest over the Rift S is physical IPD adjustment. The Quest has it, the Rift S doesn't. I have no idea why they left it off of the Rift S as the Rift S and the Quest are so similar.

Second reason would be to use it untethered. Not so much for gaming, but for watching movies on an airplane. But that exposes a flaw with the Quest. No expandable storage support via memory cards. I'm absolutely boggled by that considering it's primarily a stand alone device.

The short battery life is certainly a concern, but using it with a battery pack should be OK.

If the HP Reverb had physical IPD adjustment I likely would have gotten that. Unfortunately, they left it off of a device designed primarily for the professional market. I have no idea why they skimped on that considering its design focus.

Regards,
SB

1. I never though Quest would be this uncomfortable. I stupidly believe Oculus would have tons of experience making VR headsets, so they wont make this kind of mistake
  2. I though the high-res OLED, as high-res as Samsung Odyssey+, will have good enough SDE (nope, SDE in quest is more visible than samsung odyssey+, heck... its more visible than PSVR)
  3. I though the FOV will be about as big as PSVR. Nope, its was waaay narrower
  4. I though God rays were no longer an issue as samsung Odyssey+ also use fresnel lenses. Nopenopenope. God rays is very bad in Quest
If i get a Rift S instead, 1-3 wont be an issue. But due to choosing a Quest, i'm able to enjoy true wireless VR.

Because it also works in standalone mode without wires. Working with pc via usb cable is just a bonus. It's a standalone portable console + pc solution all in one. Also the physical IPD adjustment is a big deal for me.

Back