Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, a reference RX 5700XT is closer to 10TF and much smaller than that?

Desktop-Screenshot-2019.06.10-17.24.50.50-740x416.png

If those cards are 12"X3", pulling that out of my butt, Series X will have 2X the volume, 12"X6". I guess more depending on the depth.

I mean, a reference RX 5700XT is closer to 10TF and much smaller than that?

Desktop-Screenshot-2019.06.10-17.24.50.50-740x416.png

If those cards are 12"X3", pulling that out of my butt, Series X will have 2X the volume, 12"X6". I guess more depending on the depth.
Techpowerup says the 5600xt is 10.5", same as the 5700xt.

Perhaps people are confused because Donald Trump is holding the 5600XT in the photo.

My comment was about the traditional CU * ALUs * Clk * 2 might not end up as high in TF as the rumors are saying.

Regardless of other ways to inflate the number.

The performance will be there, we already know RDNA is a lot better in IPC, and we will have hardware RT in addition to the traditional compute.

No idea, ask Sony, they have done it before.
PS1 was state of the art and easy to make games on. 3D was at it's infancy.
PS2 was state of the art, exotic but advanced 3D graphics have not been standardized yet, so they continued the traditional formula where the platform holder was responsible for the architecture and experimented with what can be done.
PS3 was the first Sony console to introduce a PC based GPU. 3D graphics have been pretty much standardized now so they made the right choice. Cell was planned since the PS2. It was along term plan where Sony was seeing into the future. They were right but made some wrong decisions. Most likely because they werent part of the gradual course of Intel and AMD who were in the CPU market that helped them refine a multi threated CPU.
PS4 corrected all the mistakes of the PS3 and went with easy to produce hardware and PC based architecture. Someone might say it was the PS1 of the generation
PS5 seems more of the same.

- 3 * 2GB DDR4 2400MT/s chips, of which 2 of them are "close to the NAND" acting as storage cache
- Meaning a single 2GB chip is directly accessible by the SoC.

I’m somewhat wondering if instead the plan might be 2x2GB for up to 2 x 1TB internal storage, with expansion for 1TB (3rd DRAM being farther).

What I may ask may be stupid since I lack the technical knowledge, but.....are games using the storage drive as a scratch disk, and if yes how? If not what are the potential with a super fast storage medium like in the PS5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back