Disco Elysium

Rootax

Veteran
Hi,

I just started Disco Elysium yesterday, for a few hours, I'm already hooked.

If you don't know, It's a RPG, where you wake up as somebody with no memory at all of who he is, what he is supposed to do, etc.
The skills are really great, in a sense that you upgrade your "brain", your emotions, etc, and most of the dialogue are part of you speaking to the conscious "you". Hard to explain. The game can be very funny at time, while some serious themes are talked about. And BTW , the 2D6 dice system is used.

I like ACG reviews, so If you're interested :

Some screens from the interweb :

disco-elysium-18-screenshots_vb4m.jpg

de-debrief-1571148187486_bcx5.1080.jpg

de-doomspiral-1571148187474_63x9.1080.jpg

de-skills-1571148187479_nvpv.1080.jpg

Have fun !

This is massively good game. Everything is done via. conversation and dialog, even combat. It makes for a very unique and enjoyable experience.

With that being the case, the writing needs to be good and it was a pleasant surprise that not only is the dialog good in this game it is excellent with few peers.

You would think this would limit the amount of character variation the player has available to them (all that branching dialog and all the variety of dialog depending on what a character archetype might say), but that's not the case. You can play a lot of really varied and unique character archetypes. The game is definitely a gem if you are into well written dialog and a developer trying something different, and (IMO) succeeding.

Oh and the game is beautiful as well. :)

Regards,
SB

Gonna get this! Just need to wrap up battletech. And still got wasteland 2 to finish.

Sigh. But it will be the end of completing the backlog of purchased titles before getting more.

Won the Best Narrative at Game Awards tonight.

And more. :) They took home 4 awards, the most of any game. Well deserved. IMO, I wouldn't have even blinked an eye if it had won Game of the Year as well.

I hope it eventually gets to Game Pass just so more people have a chance to experience this gem. Being an indie game, it's hard to get people to try it. Especially since it's so narrative focused.

Regards,
SB

I've play a lot this week end. It's pretty rare for a game but some sequences made me really laugh out loud. And other smile like I was really feeling some characters (I got you EGGHEAD !), and you reeaaally see the world by the eye of the character you're playing. It's really well written, and the audio part plays a huge role too. It's awesome, really.

Holly cr** this game is short... 26 hours, did some side quests, etc... I won't spoil anything, but the end is really bad imo. It's like the story was just about to become epic, aaaaaaannnnnnd, the end. Wtf is this. None of the main questions are answered.... It's still one of the best video game experience I've ever had, but it looks like Disco Elysium : Episode 1.

ZA/UM has issued the following statement: "Like any video game, the development of Disco Elysium was and still is a collective effort, with every team member’s contribution essential and valued as part of a greater whole. At this time, we have no further comment to make other than the ZA/UM creative team’s focus remains on the development of our next project, and we are excited to share more news on this with you all soon."

Back