Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Komachi is reliable, but the association of code name to product could still be wrong?

The whole Sony Shakespearian naming system is the lynchpin for certain goalpost shifting Era theorist. Inclusive of their ideas where PS5 can only be $399 on succeeding and the oddball hopes where PS5 hardware is outdated based on some unconfirmed rumor about it supposedly launching this year.

I'm not following very closely. From what i understand, Klee said he has the spec sheets for both but refused to show them to mods, confirmed 12TF for xbsx, and 8-10% better specs for ps5. So either ps5 is 13TF or Klee is discredited and will be banned. There is no "plans change" excuse possible here.

Komachi is reliable, but the association of code name to product could still be wrong?

I disagree about the casual stereotype :LOL:
Komachi is reliable but he has being actively withholding important information and most of his info was codenames or (deliberately) incomplete. You can't confidently state PS5 (even the devkit) is going to be 9.2tf or 12tf based on Komachi info.

I think he is really afraid of the Ninjas from Japan. When he realized the last leak about Oberon was too big, he himself asked AMD to close it.

He has been wrong before, he also can use the excuse that his leaker-friend (lol) was wrong if specs turn out different. A fist rule is to always be abit carefull when people say 'my friend said this and that', it raises a red flag for most im sure, but when the TF numbers are high people want to believe it. There is a reason this kle is hanging on Resetera and not a B3D. Imagine that for a sec.

genuine question; other that the non Canceled console (which even DF were wrong about) what else has he been wrong about? Also not everyone knows or wants to post on B3D - it can be quite hard for non tech people like me!

It's a crazy good jump in performance from last gen, wanting at least 10TF is completely arbitrary. 12TF GCN would have been amazing to some last year, and now a year later 9.2TF Navi is comsidered bad despite being equivalent.

Even 12TF consoles should get, cause if a console gets 12, AMD's gpu's would be already much higher then that. RT has been around since 2018, and mechanical hdd's are a thing of the past awhile ago. Also, we had 8 cores so anything less would be meh. Next year sees Zen3 and PCIE5 isn't that long away. I think backthen those console specs where kinda impressive, almost 2021, mid range. The 10 to 12TF figure isn't that strange, afterall.

I just wouldn't put too much faith in 'Klee'.

I wouldn’t put my faith in anyone ...especially on the internet. Tempering one’s expectations and having patience is a far greater asset during silly season. And truth be told, all the supposed verified and unverified insiders have been wrong about certain aspects relating to Anaconda (Xbox Series X), and more than likely they’re wrong about PS5 as well (good or bad).

I wouldn’t put my faith in anyone ...especially on the internet. Tempering one’s expectations and having patience is a far greater asset during silly season. And truth be told, all the supposed verified and unverified insiders have been wrong about certain aspects relating to Anaconda (Xbox Series X), and more than likely they’re wrong about PS5 as well (good or bad).
Absolutely, we've been through these roller coasters many times :LOL:

genuine question; other that the non Canceled console (which even DF were wrong about) what else has he been wrong about? Also not everyone knows or wants to post on B3D - it can be quite hard for non tech people like me!
Thinking critically on the topic; Klee is not the problem. The issue is the vetting process which we don’t have here. Because he is “vetted” ie: not banned; then his words are suddenly super credible. We don’t have a vetting process here; so it would never fly. Peoples claims would be proven with Information over time, or not.

People in Resetera believe in the vetting process so much without even knowing under what circumstances or requirements are needed for vetting. And the mods there at resetera aren’t journalists with tons of other own contacts; so how are they corroborating his evidence? They aren’t the ones that need to protect their contacts; so how is information really being properly vetted ?

anyway; No one is privy to why someone’s claims were or weren’t accepted. And that’s where The posters should be most critical of; not his claims.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ne...ark-tower-see-staff-post.159131/post-27749164

Albert Penello writes on his thoughts on where they are in their Process.
TLDR; we are locked now and very unlikely there will be changes to design.

also as we have noted in the past; MS seems to be rolling along very well with regard to timelines. Which is good to hear that we are not going to see a repeat of the XBO launch.

The whole Sony Shakespearian naming system is the lynchpin for certain goalpost shifting Era theorist. Inclusive of their ideas where PS5 can only be $399 on succeeding and the oddball hopes where PS5 hardware is outdated based on some unconfirmed rumor about it supposedly launching this year.

I have the bad feeling that Sony is going the weak route again , the fact that they are complete silent after Microsoft anounce the Xbox x Series and the 12 Tflop hypetrain , that says all. I mean for better publicity Cerny had enough time to clarify it and speaking to the public and confirm also 12 Tflop or say Ps5 is more powerful , but nothing to say is strange , and this has nothing to do that Cerny and Sony are more smarter then Microsoft.

In this Article https://gamersplatform.de/2019/10/10/ps5-sony-setzt-eher-auf-gameplay-neuerungen-als-auf-grafik/ Shuhei Yoshida says that Gameplay is more important than Graphic/Power , and that the performance increase between Ps4 and Ps5 is not so big. This is a typical PR speech trick , like Nintendo , when Companys are unable to bring a powerful System to the market , they focusing on other things like" Gamplay is more important " or focusing on childish Controller gimmicks.

Shuhei say the same in 2013/2014 when Ps4 came to the market he says " Its not about Hardware its about Services" but this is not proofen by the History , because you cannot sell a new Console in point only of an Onlineservice , because its a standard Feature of each third class smartphone, and good gameplay you have already on a SNES or N64. For good Gameplay you dont need a Ps5. The "Gameplay is more important than Graphicpower" Statement is for me a Proof that they are going the weak Route again.

You suggesting that it could be it running with CU's half disabled, therefore 18TF? Again I don't see it.
No, I'm saying 36 enabled CUs could be the backwards compatibility mode to PS4 Pro. Nowhere do I suggest there are 72 total CUs, nor that all CUs enabled could clock at 2GHz.

But for 100% compatibility with Pro enhanced games while offering higher framerate it could be better for Sony to disable its total CU count down to 36 (from a total of idk 48 to 56 CUs) and at the same time use the left over wattage to increase its clocks towards sub-optimal frequencies in the power-performance curve.

So we'd be looking at e.g. a PS5 GPU that by default works with 52 CUs at 1.8GHz but it has a "PS4 Pro Boost mode" where it disables 16 CUs but increases the clocks to 2GHz.

We know Navi is far from optimal at 2GHz, and we also know consoles have traditionally gone with conservative GPU clocks as both mid-gens have wider and lower clocked compared to PC desktop solutions with similar performance output.

A PS4 Pro game would probably make no use of the extra CUs because on many games the devs get to fine tune what each CU does, but doing the same tasks on a higher clocked CU would simply do the stuff in a shorter time, without the need to apply extra software effort.

Just my 2 cents on how a 2GHz 36 CU mode would appear on data miners' radars.

Last edited by a moderator:
36 CU's seems somewhat believable given how Sony did compatibility between PS4 and Pro.

I think the way that Sony did the compatibility between the PS4 and Pro means that it makes sense for their to be more then 36CU's but only 36CU's enabled for a BC mode no?.

I think the way that Sony did the compatibility between the PS4 and Pro means that it makes sense for their to be more then 36CU's but only 36CU's enabled for a BC mode no?.

With Pro they literally had to shut down half the GPU to mimic the base GPU (18CU's) for compatibility. If they had to do it there I don't see how it became easier to change that with PS5.

It's seems like it would be easier to keep the same GPU layout and then just go batshit with the clocks for PS5.

36CU's 2.0GHz? for PS5 games
36CU's 911Mhz for Pro games
Disable half (18) and 800Mhz for Base PS4 games

With Pro they literally had to shut down half the GPU to mimic the base GPU (18CU's) for compatibility. If they had to do it there I don't see how it became easier to change that with PS5.

It's seems like it would be easier to keep the same GPU layout and then just go batshit with the clocks for PS5.

36CU's 2.0GHz? for PS5 games
36CU's 911Mhz for Pro games
Disable half (18) and 800Mhz for Base PS4 games
I think this has been put down before that BC mode can enable 18/36 CU's even if you have a higher number of CU's, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back