Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get a dictionary for these codenames?
I'm confused if one is an APU and the other is a GPU etc.
Which chips belong to which vendors etc.

IMO all of them are credible: Kleegamefan

He has nothing to with credible since he has been wrong before. A real leaker doesn't leak things that aren't the truth.

But Klee clearly mentioned

This 'Klee' gives you what you want to hear, there's other reports much more credible but they can't be true cause they aren't what you want. Sony goes after the casuals and probably a more console like design.

Klee...I wont comment on that guy. He gave 0 specs. That might work for Resetera, but I doubt anyone will take his leaks here hs genuine.

Yeah, i'm surprised he even is mentioned here. Resetera and GAF sure, but B3D? lol. There's Komachi which is a much more reliable source, not active on forums drawing massive comments and attention.

There was someone mentioning unimpressive specs for what was being shown (game with trees lol), could be this 9TF PS5 he mentioned. A 5700XT is 9.75TF, AMD's midrange 2019 product.

He has nothing to with credible since he has been wrong before. A real leaker doesn't leak things that aren't the truth.

This 'Klee' gives you what you want to hear, there's other reports much more credible but they can't be true cause they aren't what you want. Sony goes after the casuals and probably a more console like design.

Yeah, i'm surprised he even is mentioned here. Resetera and GAF sure, but B3D? lol. There's Komachi which is a much more reliable source, not active on forums drawing massive comments and attention.

There was someone mentioning unimpressive specs for what was being shown (game with trees lol), could be this 9TF PS5 he mentioned. A 5700XT is 9.75TF, AMD's midrange 2019 product.
I'm not following very closely. From what i understand, Klee said he has the spec sheets for both but refused to show them to mods, confirmed 12TF for xbsx, and 8-10% better specs for ps5. So either ps5 is 13TF or Klee is discredited and will be banned. There is no "plans change" excuse possible here.

Komachi is reliable, but the association of code name to product could still be wrong?

I disagree about the casual stereotype :LOL:

I'm not following very closely. From what i understand, Klee said he has the spec sheets for both but refused to show them to mods, confirmed 12TF for xbsx, and 8-10% better specs for ps5. So either ps5 is 13TF or Klee is discredited and will be banned. There is no "plans change" excuse possible here.

He has been wrong before, he also can use the excuse that his leaker-friend (lol) was wrong if specs turn out different. A fist rule is to always be abit carefull when people say 'my friend said this and that', it raises a red flag for most im sure, but when the TF numbers are high people want to believe it. There is a reason this kle is hanging on Resetera and not a B3D. Imagine that for a sec.

You can have information but not context and both are important. You can also leak information that is accurate in a particular context but not without context. You can leak information which is accurate at the time it's leaked but which subsequently changes for any number of reasons.

This is not specific to any particular leaker, this is just the nature of unreleased, unannounced products. You see this all the time with new anticipated Apple hardware.

What is true can change over time. The thing Klee was "wrong" about was Lockhart being cancelled. But everyone was wrong about that because, even according to the new sources on its existence, it WAS cancelled. Only they brought it back.

You two are basically saying the same, and i do agree on that. I just wouldn't put too much faith in 'Klee', i say this cause whenever new information gets out, and it doesn't match klee's, many refer to him and say 'But Klee said'. It would be the same if it was 'but NV said' or 'but Komachi said'.
The 9.2TF leak atleast has some more information and actual specs to it.

What is true can change over time. The thing Klee was "wrong" about was Lockhart being cancelled. But everyone was wrong about that because, even according to the new sources on its existence, it WAS cancelled. Only they brought it back.
But I seriously doubt there's a cancelled 13TF PS5 to be replaced by a 9.2TF one. Unless there are two skus. In which case I lost a bet. :yep2:

You two are basically saying the same, and i do agree on that. I just wouldn't put too much faith in 'Klee', i say this cause whenever new information gets out, and it doesn't match klee's, many refer to him and say 'But Klee said'. It would be the same if it was 'but NV said' or 'but Komachi said'.
The 9.2TF leak atleast has some more information and actual specs to it.
Remove Klee’s name and anonymize the poster. You still have a singular data point. It’s just not a good idea to put all this faith into 1 data point. I have no issues believing he is right; but no one else is corroborating the same things but from different angles. It’s all the same leak(“leaker says PS5 is stronger). But there would have to be some sort of indications that he is correct. Trace pieces of evidence from completely separate unique sources.

9TF is not what PS users want to hear, it seems to be devestating somehow for some. In the end TF numbers don't matter, but ok.
Actually many seem to be happy with 9.2TF Navi, now that we know it's equivalent in benchmarks to 12TF GCN. So it's twice the xb1x, and 3 times the ps4p. Consider the realistic view was 8TF GCN at some point, that would be 6TF Navi!

We get crazy fast nvme, last year it was considered a pipe dream. The Cerny presentation showing real world results is a game changer and PCs don't even have that software stack yet.

We get hardware RT, last year it was questionable whether AMD had something to provide in that area, and whether it would sgnificantly reduce the die space left for traditional GPU TF. We still don't know.

Purchase decisions will be based on more dominant factors. We see this every time there's a small difference in power, but also may other factors in play.

It's a crazy good jump in performance from last gen, wanting at least 10TF is completely arbitrary. 12TF GCN would have been amazing to some last year, and now a year later 9.2TF Navi is comsidered bad despite being equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back