Sony releasing DS4 addon for two back-side buttons

Uh.. Why there's an oled right there?

Wont the app in ps4 to rebound the keys will serv same func?

Uh.. Why there's an oled right there?
Looks like instead of using an app, the device handles mappings. Something like hold down the button for two seconds to enter SET mode. Keep pressing the buttons to cycle through pairings, with the screen showing which control the button is mapped to. Press the big button again to accept. You could then swap this thing between controllers and keep your mappings.

The menu looks very simple and intuitive, and you can cycle your presets. It should even work with the ps3 since that's 100% hardware. No new buttons, just remapping.

Making the big button round is a bit weird since the oled is a rectangular 1" or something.

I don't know if the ds5 will need this screen, adding a pair back paddles would be software suported by default and mapping presets from the console's menu (like hold PS button, change controller settings). Or plainly adding new buttons in the SDK.

Hmm, why are they launching this so close to PS4 EOL? But those buttons make sense, really like them on the Steam Controller.

Unfortunately Sony's track record for supporting older pieces of hardware is pretty abysmal. Every generation another steering wheel, another arcade stick, another ... .
Not my experience....
My Move controllers followed through two generations.
My old Thrustmaster T300 still works, so is my T8 shifter.
My PSVR was announced to be compatible next gen, so again two gen span.

What are MS and nintendo track records?

Not my experience....
My Move controllers followed through two generations.
My old Thrustmaster T300 still works, so is my T8 shifter.
My PSVR was announced to be compatible next gen, so again two gen span.

What are MS and nintendo track records?
all the xbox one products are moving forward. this is because they support firmware updating.

360 hardware was abandoned on console because of security issues.

Back