What Anime are you watching now?

Still with Nichijou. Lovely.

Also, Arakawa Under The Bridge. This anime is about a guy that meets a mysterious girl in a bridge. She saves him from drowning, so he feels that he's in debt with her (his family motto is never owing anything to anybody) and she asks him to become his boyfriend, so he moves with her under the bridge, where other bunch of weird people live. Absurd, but not annoying.

Fate/Apocrypha. This one is a must, if you watched previous Fate animes. I always think that the servants would look so good as Soul Calibur characters, don't you think? :mrgreen:

Goblin Slayer has been recommended to me a lot but this 'trailer' looks dull as dishwater - not helped by the voice over guy phoning in his performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goblin Slayer have been recommended to me a lot but this 'trailer' looks dull as dishwater - not helped by the voice over guy phoning in this performance.
Yeah, you really can't go by this trailer or the voice over. Season 1 was actually pretty entertaining for an quest style anime. Hopefully season 2 will continue along the same lines.

Yeah, you really can't go by this trailer or the voice over. Season 1 was actually pretty entertaining for an quest style anime. Hopefully season 2 will continue along the same lines.

Just watched episode 1 and it was brutally good. :yes:

The slime anime had an OAD come out today, uhm Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken is the name. Just finished watching the series a few days ago, happy to see an OAD show up today. :)

Limited theater shows in December. Hopefully one of the anime networks or Amazon/Netflix will pick it up.

Yeah, watching anime in a Theatre have horrible IQ due to the lines. The pixels are huge and easily visible.

Prefer to watch it on a monitor or TV

Just watched episode 1 and it was brutally good. :yes:

I'm around episode six now. The main protagonist remains uniformly one-dimensional. I expected some kind of arc, but he is the terminator and goblins are Sarah Connor. I hope it goes somewhere because the other characters are all great. But Goblin Slayer is possibly the most uninteresting anime character I've ever watched.

I'm around episode six now. The main protagonist remains uniformly one-dimensional. I expected some kind of arc, but he is the terminator and goblins are Sarah Connor. I hope it goes somewhere because the other characters are all great. But Goblin Slayer is possibly the most uninteresting anime character I've ever watched.

Wait, hold on.

I like Sarah Connor. And you are telling me there are many many Sarah Connors in this anime? Woooo! :D

<<wakes up the next day in bed with a Goblin and not Sarah Connor>>

DSoup!!!!!! I'M GOING TO GET YOU, YOU BASTARD!!!! :)

Regards,
SB

No, but I will this afternoon!

The original Code Geass is all that and a bag of chips! I highly recommend it, but please just grab it and watch it without looking up anything about it. There are a lot of twists/spoilers that you don't want to know going in.

I still remember the shock I felt at one of them. Just a, "I can't fucking believe they went there like that moment!", with my jaw literally dropped open. :O

It also has an interesting plot, compelling characters, and great development and twists. The reason it's a classic is because it is just so damned good!

EDITED BITS: Ok, just checked. The raw came out yesterday so it'll probably be at least another few hours before someone subs it. (I am still hopelessly monolinguistic :( )

I'm around episode six now. The main protagonist remains uniformly one-dimensional. I expected some kind of arc, but he is the terminator and goblins are Sarah Connor.

Ok, so the protagonist does develop. I just watched Goblin Slayer and The Mandalorian back to back and it's amazing how similar to two main protagonists are, I cannot believe I didn't see it before! Both lean to monosyllabic "Yes" or "No" answers in almost exactly the same tone.

Mind. Blown. :runaway:

Ok, so the protagonist does develop. I just watched Goblin Slayer and The Mandalorian back to back and it's amazing how similar to two main protagonists are, I cannot believe I didn't see it before! Both lean to monosyllabic "Yes" or "No" answers in almost exactly the same tone.

Mind. Blown. :runaway:

mmh Indeed, however I'll take Goblin Slayer every time, maybe because I found the anime so interesting that I read the whole manga (still in progress though)

Back