USB type C

zed

Legend
This has been bugging me for at least 3 years.
I've had 2 type c phones, everyone who I've spoken to has the same complaint, with charging them the cord easily disconnects.
Why?
Why is this part so much worse than the type B connectors, yes you can plug it in both ways but at least with those when you plugged it in you knew it was charging, with mine and my GFs phones, eg once you plug it in, you then have to see if it is actually charging. And low behold dont accidentally touch the phone when its charging or else it may stop :LOL:

but why didnt they include them with type C, instead of going with a demonstrably worse method?

This has been bugging me for at least 3 years.
I've had 2 type c phones, everyone who I've spoken to has the same complaint, with charging them the cord easily disconnects.
Why?
Why is this part so much worse than the type B connectors, yes you can plug it in both ways but at least with those when you plugged it in you knew it was charging, with mine and my GFs phones, eg once you plug it in, you then have to see if it is actually charging. And low behold dont accidentally touch the phone when its charging or else it may stop :LOL:
To be honest, I've had thia problem with type B connectors as well many times.

Dudes. No phone ever had USB type B connector. They had Micro-USBs. Type B is the large device-side connector you have in printers and stuff like that.

Actually, what we would refer to as simply "Micro USB" is Micro-B.

Back in 2007, when the standard was launched, there was Micro-A (and dual Micro-AB receptacles) as well, but those were in practice phased out and mostly ignored at some point.

Why?
Weird. Over three usb c phones the only time I have this complaint is when the port ends up with too much lint in it. That's easily remedied.

Now I'm curious Why lint become an issue with C but not with micro B

I'm sure there's an ignoble prize in researching that. :D

The gap around the connector in the female B socket is not equal all the way round. In C it's even all the way round. I'm proposing that this creates a 'lint racetrack'. Small particles of lint roll themselves around and gradually accumulate into an annoyance.

I'm sure there's an ignoble prize in researching that. :D

The gap around the connector in the female B socket is not equal all the way round. In C it's even all the way round. I'm proposing that this creates a 'lint racetrack'. Small particles of lint roll themselves around and gradually accumulate into an annoyance.

!nominate

Back