Steam Controllers on sale on Steam for $5us until Dec 3rd 2019

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
I just ordered mine. The $5us you gotta add shipping that costs around $7.30 and some taxes, my total was $13.90 but I still figure it's a pretty good deal.

I have no idea how good/bad the Steam controller is, I just saw the 90% off and jumped figuring I don't own any Steam hardware yet and I wanted a game controller so let's see what the what is.

Did I do good or just impulsive?

I sometimes like mine. It can require effort put into config to get the most of it. more native support would have allow combos of analog stick and emulated rollerball look, but alas this isn't often an option.

An interesting curio at that price.

I can never resist a bargain, whether I need it or not. :p

If nothing else I can use it to control the volume on my wife's PC when she falls asleep behind me...

I’d normally say get rechargables, but the Steam controller seats their AAs so tightly that it’s a pain to remove them without damaging their shrinkwrap casing. Maybe with a plastic tool. They should have incorporated a ribbon to help pop them out.

Can’t say I’ve used mine that much, but supposedly it’s decent for FPSes by using the touch pads for large inputs and the gyro for fine aiming.

You can also change the startup tone, so go crazy.

I got 3 left from that very deal on amazon that you linked in the other thread, needed a new one for my Logitech G700s.

I can't believe it, but my controller just got here! I heard there were going to be lots of delays due to processing/shipping from overseas, but it turns out Valve is located in Carol Springs, IL which is about an hour and 20 minutes drive from my house and mine shipped from there.

My son ordered one 12 hours after I did and we still haven't received word that's it's getting ready to be shipped. :|

I bought a second hand one two weeks ago. I wish I knew about this now. Already had a steam link and decided to go back to WoW for classic, but didn't want to play on PC screen with mouse and keyboard. After some tweaking it works fine, can even tank dungeons ok with it.

My son has been using it, I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I didn't know you needed Steam running to use it, which I don't like, so I'm gonna play around with these unless someone knows of better Windows 10 drivers for the Steam controller. ;)

I bought a second hand one two weeks ago. I wish I knew about this now. Already had a steam link and decided to go back to WoW for classic, but didn't want to play on PC screen with mouse and keyboard. After some tweaking it works fine, can even tank dungeons ok with it.

Depending on how you perform tanking, I can imagine either horror or disbelief from your PUG. :D

Depending on how you perform tanking, I can imagine either horror or disbelief from your PUG. :D

The only hurdle is to target exactly who I want if there are more than 3 mobs fighting. Especially if team mates run around like chickens lol. But to control movement an analog stick is way better than mouse + keyboard IMO. The touchpad on the Steam Controller is well positioned and makes it easy to use as a mouse. Much better than the PS4 touchpad for example.

Regarding horror or disbelief, I'm not telling them I'm using a steam controller :D

Back