Battlefield V

Thats the only thing going for it.

Ya the highs are above BF1 but the lows are lower and some maps are very meh. The game is clearly unfinished. BF1 was very consistent visually. Also the TAA in frostbite 3 has been changed and is noticeably worse ever since battlefront 2 as you stated. Im very curious why they did this. Battlefront 1 when they finally patched in TAA had the best implementation ive seen in a frostbite 3 title. Actually, battlefront 2 as a whole looks noticeably worse than battlefront 1 IMO. Im not sure how that happened.

Performance for me is awful at all times when any combat is occurring. FPS swings wildly and is accompanied by massive frametime spikes and variations. CPU is just constantly hammered and its irrespective of video settings. I shouldn't have this poor of an experienced on an overclocked 6700K with 32GB of solidly overclocked ram.

Yes, visually Battlefront 2015 is much cleaner and I want that cinematic look back. But it's not just the TAA. Since Battlefield 1 they also seem to use a negative texture LOD. This makes the textures look a bit sharper but they also flicker a lot.

If you don't know what I mean. Here is a video where such a Problem is mentioned in another game (I marked the scene):

All in all I can say that the performance of Battlefield V is good for such a title and the graphics are fine. But when it comes to graphics they have to make another big leap again. The graphical jump from Battlefield 4 to Battlefront 2015 was violent. Since then, there have been improvements but also deteriorations. A lot of things just don't look good either. Especially the interior lighting.

Yes, I always was disappointed with the graphics from Dice games after Battlefront 2015.

On a PC, isn't this a given?

Yes but it doesnt usually result in massive framerate and frametime fluctuations along with regular spikes of several hundred milliseconds. Again, this game is like a far worse Arkham Knight during the batmobile sections. Im curious what this game is doing that performance is so much worse than Battlefield 1. That title has lows almost twice as high.

Could you please give an example on how that works and which games implement that?

GTA V, if you turn down lod settings, cpu demands decrease dramatically and minimum FPS is much higher. if you turn down lod settings in BFV, it doesnt improve combat FPS at all.

Adjustable LOD in multiplayer games with competitive ambitions is a no no.
But BFV already has adjustable lod that gives you an advantage, it just doesnt help performance. Theres also no anti cheat to begin with so the game is riddled with cheaters.

They have dropped all of that. And the best anti cheat in BF4 was the private servers with moderation.

Aha ok could explain it, in BF4 the anti cheat stream does quite a good job, in combination with admins offcourse, on pc. On ps4 it's quite dead but there we had XIM4 users from time to time. BFV dropping anti cheat support already now is a very bad move, the game isn't even that old.

Aha ok could explain it, in BF4 the anti cheat stream does quite a good job, in combination with admins offcourse, on pc. On ps4 it's quite dead but there we had XIM4 users from time to time. BFV dropping anti cheat support already now is a very bad move, the game isn't even that old.

BFV has never had anti cheat. Its been a huge complaint from all the big youtubers since day 1.

Back