Terminator: Resistance

swaaye

Entirely Suboptimal
Legend
Supporter
Did anyone else notice this game? I've put in about 2 hours. It's set in a Terminator 2-style wasteland and does rather expansive mission areas following a linear storyline. It feels like a light version of Fallout 3/4/NV, with elements of immersive sims like Dishonored/Deus Ex. RPG elements such as conversations, decisions, skill choices, crafting and trading. Alternative ways to approach objectives. It obviously had a limited budget but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

UE4-based. The visuals are interesting if not exactly AAA. Some very large mission areas provide considerable time to get lost in the environment and explore for awhile. My kind of thing.

Pretty cool T2-inspired soundtrack. The voice acting is iffy at times but usually pretty solid.

The default FOV is not great for PC and not in the menus, but it's pretty easy to edit it in the standard UE4 config files.
AppData\Local\Terminator\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini
FieldOfView=

I've been playing with a mix of gamepad and kb/mouse. Not sure which I prefer.

Last edited:
I guess that crept onto the market with little fanfare? Looks interesting at least, might be worth a play at some point. Unfortunately no Ultrawide support (what year is it?) so it's definitely no-go for now.

I will have to check this out I've liked previous Terminator games like
Terminator: Future Shock
Terminator: SkyNET
Terminator 3: War of the Machines - Absolutely terrible game.
Terminator: Salvation

Since it's not really worth starting a new thread, I'll go a bit off topic if the OP doesn't mind
Rune 2 the sequel to Rune (which I liked a lot) has just been released (the developer Human head Studios shut down the next day)
it's also an Unreal engine'd game so any tweaks that work for Terminator and the outer Worlds may work for this
has anyone played it ? Reviews seem good

I will have to check this out I've liked previous Terminator games like
Terminator: Future Shock
Terminator: SkyNET
Terminator 3: War of the Machines - Absolutely terrible game.
Terminator: Salvation

Since it's not really worth starting a new thread, I'll go a bit off topic if the OP doesn't mind
Rune 2 the sequel to Rune (which I liked a lot) has just been released (the developer Human head Studios shut down the next day)
it's also an Unreal engine'd game so any tweaks that work for Terminator and the outer Worlds may work for this
has anyone played it ? Reviews seem good
It is definitely reminiscent of Future Shock / Skynet.

Ive seen a couple of reviews for Terminator not good
Judge it for yourself. You can always do a refund if you have played <= 2 hours. If you are a fan whatsoever of Terminator 1 and 2, I think you'll enjoy it.

The Steam reviews are at "very positive" at the moment.

It occurred to me that it is also reminiscent of Metro.

Last edited:
Hmmm Davros.....

The game is made by a small Polish studio called Teyon. It looks like this is their most ambitious effort to date.
http://www.teyon.com/

Some random shots I felt like taking last night:

taking in the wasteland
20191115235958_1.jpg
Cool shadowing on the T-800! (they are a great high-poly model too).
20191116003413_1.jpg
Metro 2033 flashback
20191116004338_1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah it does look nice. That's a lot of CA on that woman in the seat though.

At first I thought it would be a linear and boring tube shooter but it seems to offer much more and I am positively surprised. The developers made a big leap and with more resources they could have done a lot more.

The main criticisms seem to be the terminators are the terrifying killing machines they are supposed to be
and the enemy a.i is awful.
plus from my pov it's competing against Rune 2 (for my money) and the reviews i've seen of that have been much better.

The main criticisms seem to be the terminators are the terrifying killing machines they are supposed to be
and the enemy a.i is awful.

Do you think they have a typo in their AI Script too? :LOL:

I'm guessing there is a joke in there somewhere, give us a clue because my spell checker says there are no typo's in my post. (unless you mean no capital I in i've)

Ahh, thanks

ps: I didnt hate colonial marines, part of that may have been due to the fact I saw none of the pre release pr so i had no expectations

A:CM is certainly not exceptional but it's an interesting play if you are a fan of the Aliens movie and aren't extremely obsessive compulsive and prone to bouts of terrible rage when things aren't exactly what you expect. :)

The AI thing is way overblown. There's adequate challenge there even in stock form. Which might be why the developers didn't notice the error. Those stories about the config file error were just more click bait.

Last edited:
Back