Death Stranding (DC) [PS4, PS5, PC]

Btw are there any review that talks about PS4 temperature and loudness?

Horizon Zero dawn made my PS4 PRO screams every time I'm looking at fire.

Mate, mine's much the same. Almost every time I start up something vaguely demanding, my Pro howls as though it's just been exposed to the infinite jet-black abyss of the human capacity for cruelty.

d70DEATHSTRANDING201910.jpg

ffbDEATHSTRANDING201910.jpg

383187_rORu1L0sZR_death_stranding_20191018224425.png

For atmosphere and realism, shot 3 is bloody brilliant. The character lighting and composition fails though. The mountains in pic 2 are fabulous too. Expect most (all?) people to take them for a photo if shown in isolation.

Ahh the smell of photorealism is strong in this game, there's just something different about it from other games I've seen. Watched a few tidbits from the first hour coz I couldn't hold it any more and guys it's like you're walking into the future with the graphics that's on show. Just a few more hours left before I get to experience the full blunt of the 4k HDR Death Stranding visual and mind fuckery:yes:

For atmosphere and realism, shot 3 is bloody brilliant. The character lighting and composition fails though. The mountains in pic 2 are fabulous too. Expect most (all?) people to take them for a photo if shown in isolation.
Yep the mountain far away looks so real.

But
The foreground in Pic 2 looks fake. I wonder why.

At its best, the game does look really good :

I don't know if this area has already been showed in trailers, so don't watch if you want to avoid spoilers.

Upgrade all around in the retail build, better water, more Norman Reedus likeness, more fishes on the beach and height fog.

Reedus facial expressions were more extreme while crying on the UE trailer. Final game looks stiffer in comparison.

Last edited:
Yep the mountain far away looks so real.

But
The foreground in Pic 2 looks fake. I wonder why.

The foliage looks like Horizon and I think it is not going well with the photorealisitc artstyle of Death Stranding, moss and rocks looks better.

EDIT: No I just think foliage is weak compare to the rest and probably raytracing would help to groun foliage here. And the character on other screenshot.

Last edited:
The photorealism is blowing my mind with this game, folks really need to see it in HDR on the Pro. For as much praise RDR2 receives for its varied assets ans scenery, this hits the highs way higher.
1j5j09.png

2n9kii.png

3iqkea.png

The asset quality, density, lighting and fluid sim are quite a treat for the eyes. And those real time cutscenes are some of the best I've seen, ever.
2xdk10.jpg

4srjoo.jpg

Back