Star Citizen, Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts' life support and retirement fund [2012-]

I think player designed ships will never be implemented, but most of the other stuff looks pretty doable. And if I heard the video correctly that was not a promise, just something they were looking into.

"Pretty doable" yes, showcased one by one in a tech demo. Everything at the same time on a persistent universe, single shard, MMO with an engine made for 32-player FPS games, good hecking luck.

"Looking into" means The Chairman gets a feature request over social media e.g. tweet @RSI "stripper tipping & boobie physics WHEN?", then The Chairman starts babbling about the feature on YouTube with lots of literal hand waving, over 10 minutes he champions the idea with more and more convoluted use cases and feature spin-offs:

"And ummm NPC strippers will eeeeeh yeah, they could be running 24/7 in the persistent universe while their hmmmm deep subsumption AI for the 20 thousands certified NPC strippers in each solar system, who hmmm yeah, you might see thousands of them demonstrating for a eeeeh stripper union at the hmmm main star base where you hmmm aaahhhh yeah, they have the more fidelitious boobie physics, running on hmmmmm cloud distributed sharded GPU clusters, we might look into eeeeeehhh using FEM simulations feeding aaaahhh deep feedback neural networks to get the boobie fidelity only I, The Chairman, can deliver, we eeeehhh want to save PC gaming and will of course uuhmmmm look into your suggestions eeeehhh Thank You Very Much! Next Tweet!"

Bunch of buzzwords while he just "looks into" the ideas presented to him and gives the suggester the feeling it will happen. It feels like he, The Chairman, already has thought long about the feature and is on the boat. That's how you get a feature list worthy of The Creature.

But I understand now he's stopped doing the YouTube show and it's just the marketing department milking the whales with $30 bikes*.

*: must have spent over $1000 to be able to buy the bike.

30m2rq.jpg

Will see Star Citizen on Consoles ?!? Hope....

Will see Star Citizen release fully on PC ?!? Don't care....

It won't appear anywhere, it is more a tech demo then a game. Seeing you need Titan hardware it won't run anyway. Next-gen will mark the start of high def graphics and no more cinematic experiences with mass motion blurring. Now were getting the hardware that will be the past.

Back