GART: Games and Applications using RayTracing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what could they do with RT without tanking the performance? Reflections on the cockpit windows maybe?
Reflections would be hardly noticeable, GI or AO are most likely, Shadows are also possible to complement Shadow Maps in increasing shadow resolution and the number of shadow casting objects in the scene.

Reflections would be hardly noticeable, GI or AO are most likely, Shadows are also possible to complement Shadow Maps in increasing shadow resolution and the number of shadow casting objects in the scene.
I'm just thinking shadows, GI and AO with the scope of the game is too much to handle for any current hardware, I mean you can have complete 3D metropolises visible at once

I definitely think shadows would be really sensible for a lot of scene, shadow map cascades might be a bit to obvious in a plane at a distance / terrain shadows tend to be awkward in games.

https://nvidia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.co...oducer--Lightspeed-Studios---Gaming_JR1925017
NVIDIA said:
NVIDIA is kicking off an exciting new game remastering program. We’re cherry-picking some of the greatest titles from the past decades and bringing them into the ray tracing age, giving them state-of-the-art visuals while keeping the gameplay that made them great. The NVIDIA Lightspeed Studios team is picking up the challenge starting with a title that you know and love but we can’t talk about here! We’re building a team of talented, dedicated game developers who are ready to get going quickly.

I imagine that would be a title they would work on - I kinda hope they also search out the other classics. Crysis, Doom 3, Thief, etc.

Not like I know better than anyone else, but I do get the feeling Crytek is working on something like a Crysis 1 remake.

I imagine that would be a title they would work on - I kinda hope they also search out the other classics. Crysis, Doom 3, Thief, etc.
How far back does it make sense to redo classic games? Would it make sense to apply to games like Arena or Daggerfall, which would get the added benefit of using new techniques like integer scaling.

Not like I know better than anyone else, but I do get the feeling Crytek is working on something like a Crysis 1 remake.
That Crycash

How far back does it make sense to redo classic games? Would it make sense to apply to games like Arena or Daggerfall, which would get the added benefit of using new techniques like integer scaling.
I would say it makes the most sense for games that are still being played today.
Most blizzard titles; wow and overwatch and diablo come to mind.
Counter strike. Etc.
DOTA and etc
Any on going MMO. Eve Online is probably already working on this
F2P titles that are successful. Thinking warframe etc.

Then i would revisit classic titles with a lot of mood. system shock 2. Etc

I would say it makes the most sense for games that are still being played today.
Most blizzard titles; wow and overwatch and diablo come to mind.
You can pretty much certainly count Blizz games out, they like to hold their stuff close and are doing their own remake (reforge) already

You can pretty much certainly count Blizz games out, they like to hold their stuff close and are doing their own remake (reforge) already
They would remake WoW? I don't think so. It is due for another graphical overhaul as well as it enters it's like 15th year or something.

They would remake WoW? I don't think so. It is due for another graphical overhaul as well as it enters it's like 15th year or something.
They just did another graphical overhaul last year, adding DX12 support along with multi-threading.

Of course not, but no-one else but Blizz could even if one wanted, and if Blizz wanted, I'm sure they'd add it - with or without help from NVIDIA or others. The actual remaster I meant is Warcraft 3 Reforged of course

Of course not, but no-one else but Blizz could even if one wanted, and if Blizz wanted, I'm sure they'd add it - with or without help from NVIDIA or others. The actual remaster I meant is Warcraft 3 Reforged of course
Good call on that; totally forgot that was coming out.

Feel quite bad for them; they haven’t released anything significant since overwatch. D4 better be here in Nov. but it’s going to be heavily overshadowed by HK protests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back