Red Dead Redemption 2 [PC]

The world, liveliness etc. were excellent in the console version I've played. However, like in GTA V I found the main missions bad and too restricted.

Someone made a good video about the problems I mean:

Pertinent store info expanded
Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to pre-order at the Epic Games store, Greenman Gaming, the Humble Store, GameStop and additional digital retailers starting October 23rd with a pre-order bonus of 25 Gold Bars for Red Dead Online. Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to purchase on Steam this December.

Interesting tidbit
Red Dead Redemption 2 is currently available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems and will also be available this November as a launch title for Google Stadia.

Only a month of exclusivity on their store, have to give them kudos for not going insane greed though surprising given the publisher. Did someone actually say in a meeting "well we made a shit tonne of cash already on RDR2" and not get thrown out the window?

Hmm... no mention of GeForce RTX -accelerated ray tracing features. I wonder if that stuff will be added later or be a complete no-show.

Hmm... no mention of GeForce RTX -accelerated ray tracing features. I wonder if that stuff will be added later or be a complete no-show.

I believe the current Rage Engine doesn't support RT at all. Heck, it took Rockstar a few months after release just to add in proper HDR on the consoles (still questionable in certain areas).

It's guaranteed Nvidia and their army would be posting that information everywhere if that was happening anytime soon, even if it was something R* said "we're looking into it" that would be news and added to the list of RTX-supported games.

I have never hesitated to buy every R* game and I don't think I've ever been disappointed. I got a rule against pre-ordering, but I think I'll be breaking it around the 23rd. :)

Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PC on November 5th on RockStar Social Club.

Steam version will be released in December:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/61153/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Coming-to-PC-November-5th

December it is then. That's fine, though. With Outer Worlds coming out this month, I'm not going to have any time for another game anytime soon. Hell, I'm still not even close to finishing Fire Emblem: 3 Houses, and that game is likely going to be my Game of the Year for all platforms for 2019.

Yet another open world game I'll be buying that I'm not likely to ever finish (just like all the Witcher games), but the world is so well fleshed out that I just want to be able to experience it now and again.

Regards,
SB

December it is then. That's fine, though. With Outer Worlds coming out this month, I'm not going to have any time for another game anytime soon.
I'm also getting super hyped for Outer Worlds. :runaway:

If modders can make the controls better by changing/removing some of the arbitrary restrictions Rockstar chose, I may buy RDR2 for PC. I tried replaying it again on PS4 a few weeks back and it didn't take long before the controls really started annoying me.

I can't wait for a trainer or character swap mod to become available on keeping Arthur throughout the game.:yep2:

I can't wait for a trainer or character swap mod to become available on keeping Arthur throughout the game.:yep2:
Haha that would be funny. I wonder how much rockstar is going to come after modders. They're not shy of sending the lawyer army to protect their previous online and mtx.

In GTA V I was lucky that cheaters threw around millions of ingame Dollars in 2015. Trough them I got over $120 Million. $8 million in the game cost about $40 in reality. You could spend $10 million on a ingame yacht but in the end this yacht was simple and cheap made. Honestly, I don't know any game where you had to grind more. After an estimated 400 hours playing time I have possibly earned $20 Million at max. Earning money wasn't so much fun and you got very little from missions, car races etc. In a GTA V you don't want to repeat the same missions over and over again you just want to drive around and so on. That's why they should give money for playing time. I don't know what it is like today because I didn't play GTA V any more towards the end of 2016.

Last edited:
In GTA V I was lucky that cheaters threw around millions of ingame Dollars in 2015. I got over $120 million through it. $8 million in the game cost about $40 in reality. You could spend $10 million on aingame yacht but in the end this yacht was simple and cheap made. Honestly, I don't know any game where you had to grind more. Earning money wasn't so much fun. I don't know what it is like today because I didn't play any more towards the end of 2016.
So you're defending excessive microtransactions in one game to help fund continual improvements and content but in another game you're fine with obtaining massive amounts of cash from cheaters without paying those microtransactions? Seems like a bit of a double standard.

So you're defending excessive microtransactions in one game to help fund continual improvements and content but in another game you're fine with obtaining massive amounts of cash from cheaters without paying those microtransactions? Seems like a bit of a double standard.

He is very fond of Ubisoft games.

Back