The Last of Us (Part) 2 [PS4]

Will Sony delay release of The Last Of Us 2 because of CoronaVirus Pandemic?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be silly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I also wasn't that much impressed by some of the screenshots. I think it's because of toned down colour palette. But this game really shines in motion, where attention to detail and overall graphics quality is more obvious.

Honestly some of the screenshots look good until you use the zoom...

Its in french and subtitle translation of auto generated french subtitles doesnt help
I am interested to know what he says btw
edit: He does say that there is a noticeable gap and you can see more details on the characters in the 2018 footage but he also said it would have been better if we had the same scenes to understand what is going on.

Its in french and subtitle translation of auto generated french subtitles doesnt help
I am interested to know what he says btw
edit: He does say that there is a noticeable gap and you can see more details on the characters in the 2018 footage but he also said it would have been better if we had the same scenes to understand what is going on.

I will talk about it when I can watch it. I am at job I can't now. I am french, I can translate it.

Édit: I think the NPC face and facial animation during gameplay aren't as good that in the E3 2018 demo.

A video in french about downgrade he plays the game and maybe a new gameplay sequence
About the downgrade:
- Random enemies faces are clearly less detailed than 2 NPCs shown in the 2018 trailer.
- Face of Ellie seems the same
- Face of Dina in the cutscene seems also slightly less detailed compared to old trailer but different lighting so that could explain it.
- Overall he thinks there is a slight downgrade compared to E3 2018.

About the graphics:
- A lot of details everywhere, the water, the snow etc.
- Beautifully crazy game
- He compared the snow levels of RDR2 and TLOU2, without saying it I think he implied both are on the same level graphically: even if RDR2 is more open, there is some fog not present on TLOU2 where you can actually see much farther.
- Very immersive world. Very coherent and organic like the way the enemies make the curtains move when they pass nearby, those kind of details.

About the gameplay:
- There is a Flash attack
- Jump button will make things more dynamic even if he rarely used it in the demo.
- Knife is unbreakable but enemies are much stronger than before.
- All enemies have a name (so they will most probably track each others).
- The biggest Naughty dog game according to devs he talked to.

My remarks: Ellie already had an unbreakable knife in the first game. I noticed a silencer on a gun which broke after a few shots.

Yeah... The "downgrade" in his video is borderline click bait imo. He has nearly nothing.

I'm not saying the game is not downgraded, but he has not a lot supporting his claim.

Yeah... The "downgrade" in his video is borderline click bait imo. He has nearly nothing.

I'm not saying the game is not downgraded, but he has not a lot supporting his claim.

The only real thing is the face of the NPC during gameplay. This is visible out of this no downgrade it is one of the best looking game of the gen.

Dina's face seems to be the same as the E3 2018 one, same mesh density, no visible poly edges, the lighting on the right is too dark to see hair detail but yeah no downgrade.
3t2ks6.jpg

- All enemies have a name (so they will most probably track each others).
I like this aspect a lot. Having a bunch of anons walking around just means model/AI/character re-use.

Drawing relationships between actual AIs (for all NPCS even if they are weaker relationships) is still a large step up over what we have today.

I think he mainly based his 'slight downgrade' by comparing random enemies faces / animations during combat with the few enemies shown in the old trailer, and here he is right. But those have being obviously polished for the E3 trailer (they could be important characters too).

In my opinion, everything else have the same level of fidelity. But he is right when he says Dina's face is different. She does look a bit different now (she looks prettier now IMO) than in 2018 and the lighting looked maybe more toned down in the demo (or different).

The only real thing is the face of the NPC during gameplay. This is visible out of this no downgrade it is one of the best looking game of the gen.

The first thing that i thought when seeing the new gameplay videos was that it didn't look that nice as it did E3 2018. If that's due to a downgrade or we got used to other games having similar or better graphics.

The first thing that i thought when seeing the new gameplay videos was that it didn't look that nice as it did E3 2018. If that's due to a downgrade or we got used to other games having similar or better graphics.
I honestly think it's the latter. Other games have caught up, you're no longer wow'd by what they released in 2017. And the bar they set for themselves from 2017 hasn't changed.

This is not the same environment and same time of the day. I am sure the wet environment with the cult looks better. Watch again the e3 2018 trailer, this is as impressive as before and the part with the same environment looks the same.

This is not the same environment and same time of the day. I am sure the wet environment with the cult looks better. Watch again the e3 2018 trailer, this is as impressive as before and the part with the same environment looks the same.

I guess it's what iroboto said then :)

Back