What Anime are you watching now?

HF2 is out on BDs and looks (and is, sans all the cut Illya content) incredible, so nah.
I have not watched all the movies and spinoffs, though. However, that is a movie and we know that in movies studios usually outdo themselves.

I found out that Fairy Gone is made by P. A. Works. I would like to watch one of their recent movies. :mrgreen:

Cop craft, Kanata no Astra and Dan Machi season 2 (not Sword of Otario).
Cop craft is reminescent of Shadow Run or Gate depending how you look at it.
Kanata no Astra takes place in space with late teen agers, better watch first episode to get a rough idea, wouldn't like to spoil anything.
Dan Machi is as fun as ever, also known as "Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon?"

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou is pretty good and along the same vein as Dan Machi and Isekai Cheat Magician.

I finally finished My Hero Academia (so far).
So I started Black Clover which is kinda cute - the animation is a bit meh at times but it’s cute.
Then yesterday I stumbled on A Certain Magical Index which looks amazing, and I can see there’s quite a lot of stuff to go through. Of course only the third season and one of the spin offs is on Crunchyroll, and the rest is unavailable on anything other than YouTube - so far the first season seems to be on, I hope I’ll find the rest when I get to it.

I finally finished My Hero Academia (so far).
So I started Black Clover which is kinda cute - the animation is a bit meh at times but it’s cute.
Then yesterday I stumbled on A Certain Magical Index which looks amazing, and I can see there’s quite a lot of stuff to go through. Of course only the third season and one of the spin offs is on Crunchyroll, and the rest is unavailable on anything other than YouTube - so far the first season seems to be on, I hope I’ll find the rest when I get to it.

Keep us updated on Black Clover. I've been eyeing it with some interest, but since it's an ongoing series and already at 90+ episodes, I'm a bit hesitant to jump in.

Regards,
SB

Black Clover reminds me a lot of the entire Naruto series. Nothing so great about it, like a finite story being told like Stein's Gate or each arc of Sword Art Online or Cowboy BeBop, it's more of an anime filler between the other great anime series. At least it's not like One Piece with 9000+ episodes. As for battle anime series with a ton of episodes, I like Bleach far better than Black Clover.

I did really like Naruto up until around episode 200 or so. Then something came up in RL and I stopped watching it. Now I occasionally think about diving back in and finishing the series, but I feel I'd have to start again from the beginning and that's just a really daunting time commitment right now.

Regards,
SB

The first season (HD dub) is free on PSN today (apparently only via a console or the PS Video app, not the website) along with
  • Bungo Stray Dogs s1
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans s1 pt1:
  • My Hero Academia s1

(Other seasons of those and a bunch of other anime are $10 each until the 18th.)

Last edited:
LB! It's on my list of fave animes! I'll try and find the best watching order, but you just got nailed for 3 seasons of a Certain magical Index, a couple of A Certain Scientific Railgun, and I currently look forward every Friday to an new episode of A Certain Scientific Accelerator which was a big surprise to me this season as I'd never heard he got a spin-off and all the bloody series overlap with characters and relationships.

Fantastic world that they have a ball stretching the rules to the limit, HIGHLY recommended!

"When science and magic meet, that's when the TRUE adventure begins!"

"I WILL SHATTER YOUR ILLUSION!!!"

Sorry, did I mention I'm a fan. :p

yesterday i binged Vinland saga. OMG its so much better than the manga. WIT Studio's animation also top-notch. Much better than their previous works.

Its a mad world full of mad people doing unthinkable things.

LB! It's on my list of fave animes! I'll try and find the best watching order, but you just got nailed for 3 seasons of a Certain magical Index, a couple of A Certain Scientific Railgun, and I currently look forward every Friday to an new episode of A Certain Scientific Accelerator which was a big surprise to me this season as I'd never heard he got a spin-off and all the bloody series overlap with characters and relationships.

Fantastic world that they have a ball stretching the rules to the limit, HIGHLY recommended!

"When science and magic meet, that's when the TRUE adventure begins!"

"I WILL SHATTER YOUR ILLUSION!!!"

Sorry, did I mention I'm a fan. :p

whoa, i really need to force myself to try to watch it properly.

Fall lineup looks fantastic! Looks like some of my favorites will be continuing ... Boku no Hero Academia, Sword Art Online: Alicization, Shokugeki no Souma, Psycho-Pass, Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia, Granblue Fantasy, and Fairy Gone.

From what I've read really looking forward to some of the newer series, shorts and movies also coming out.
https://anichart.net/Fall-2019

Last edited:
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
One of the better ones. Straight cut and straight to the point. No super sayan type stuff. Characters don't work towards getting stronger etc. 1 large mystery with interweaving storylines.
Honestly, brilliant manga, and imo the remake with brotherhood brilliant anime.

Lots of anime I can't finish because they walk down the path of DragonBall (looking at Bleach and so many others) it gets tiring. Naruto is also like this, but for some reason it's more bearable to watch.

Dr stone both walk and didnt walk the dragon ball path hahah

@digitalwanderer

I forced myself to watch the first episode of accelerator and its way too cringy for me

The way the loli speaks AND the way the silver hair guy act also irritates me to no end. He's like the typical chuunibyo MC (parodied perfectly in saiki kusuo IIRC).

The SWAT team also weird, they talk so much and it seems they simply rush blindly instead of using whatever Intel available / could be gathered.

sorry

Back