Death Stranding (DC) [PS4, PS5, PC]

The gameplay shown is a bit better (well at least we know there is some gameplay). But I am waiting the reviews for this one. Sure the graphics looks incredibly realistic (and beautiful) and the world seems very big but it has a price. Compared to MGS5 the game runs at only 30fps so that will make a big difference during fights and controls will be less responsive.

I am not against walking / running games like this one (because yes it is mainly that). I loved Shadow of the colossus, Journey, Vanishing of Ethan Carter and others. But when there is interaction with enemies or the environment it must be well done and meaningful. Just like his previous game this game seems to have plenty of systems in a sandbox world to have fun with. It's just that I fear those systems (including online stuff) could be useless or not fun to use. So we'll see.

And Kojima still doesn't know how to do proper CQC in a videogame, it looked as clunky as in all his previous games.

Hope the delivery missions won't get boring. Now they feel like the worst side missions from countless rpgs.
Looks amazing though, but not sure about the gameplay based on what was shown.

What really pulls me in for this game are the sci fi element, the masterful Kojima cutscenes, the batshit insane liquid form boss fights, the insanely realistic graphics and of course Norman Reedus. I could care less if the gameplay element consists only walking, stair climbing or baby rocking. This is a game for you just to explore, immerse in the wildness, discover the unknown, get mind fucked along the way and photo taking :), all in sweet 4k hdr goodness 30fps with visuals pushed to the max. I couldn't ask for more. I had doubts earlier but the pros severely outweighs the cons.

From this video in french, one of the guy is the editor of Death Stranding artbook and know much more about the game and told he hide tons of things even in the edited footage. There is much more things inside what we have seen...

Hope the delivery missions won't get boring. Now they feel like the worst side missions from countless rpgs.
Looks amazing though, but not sure about the gameplay based on what was shown.

Yeah it felt like the most boring and lazy fetch quest in RPG.

But then.. All quests in RPG actually are no different than fetch quests where you need to go to point A from point B.

Its the "reason/story" behind "going from point A to point B" and the set pieces that differentiate lazy fetch quest with awesome main story quest.

This is a kojima game. Surely there will be really important and engrossing (and awesomely stupid) story that colors the delivery missions

You can build bridges and apparently terraform the land. Translation of Kojima's talk about the gameplay demo thanks to reddit user:

"Now, we have a bike. This bike runs on a battery that will eventually run out unless recharged. You can build bridges, but someone else can start building and then you can assist in its construction. Whomever gives the most resources has their name tagged on the item. To the right of the bridge is a mid-construction safe house. The sign he hits and passes is a acceleration sign. The more people that pass through a specific bit of land, the flatter and easier the terrain there becomes and eventually turns into a road of sorts. The red sign has been set up by someone else and warns that bikes are unusable past that point. Once you leave the bike other people can use it."

A bunch more info:

With the LR buttons, you have to keep your balance. Stamina does not regenerate on its own, but you can take energy drinks/items to replenish it on the move. You must take rest periods that are apparently related to real time(?) to replenish sam's stamina mostly.
That's exactly what I was afraid off. All of those systems to take care about don't look really fun. More like chores.

@London-boy
Postal service the game

So, the whole game is about a postal worker having a hallucination while he goes on a murder spree inside various buildings in the real world starting with his workplace. :p At the end of the game he has to fight the FBI who have tracked him down and are trying to stop his murder spree.

Turns out his hallucinations are because he binged on too many drugs after learning that his girlfriend is pregnant and wants to have an abortion, but he wants to keep the baby. So his killing sprees are mostly at planned parenthood buildings. :p

Regards,
SB

I think Kojima took some inspiration from the 2009 movie Moon, the principal character is call Sam, the actor is Sam Rockwell... Each people will play a different Sam
Movie is about clone
and maybe in the game you will be able to go to the moon...

So, the whole game is about a postal worker having a hallucination while he goes on a murder spree inside various buildings in the real world starting with his workplace. :p At the end of the game he has to fight the FBI who have tracked him down and are trying to stop his murder spree.

Turns out his hallucinations are because he binged on too many drugs after learning that his girlfriend is pregnant and wants to have an abortion, but he wants to keep the baby. So his killing sprees are mostly at planned parenthood buildings. :p

Regards,
SB

That's become specific so fast
I think Kojima took some inspiration from the 2009 movie Moon, the principal character is call Sam, the actor is Sam Rockwell... Each people will play a different Sam
Movie is about clone
and maybe in the game you will be able to go to the moon...

Could be! Kojima has been pretty open that he considers watching movies as part of his work.

You can build bridges and apparently terraform the land. Translation of Kojima's talk about the gameplay demo thanks to reddit user:

"Now, we have a bike. This bike runs on a battery that will eventually run out unless recharged. You can build bridges, but someone else can start building and then you can assist in its construction. Whomever gives the most resources has their name tagged on the item. To the right of the bridge is a mid-construction safe house. The sign he hits and passes is a acceleration sign. The more people that pass through a specific bit of land, the flatter and easier the terrain there becomes and eventually turns into a road of sorts. The red sign has been set up by someone else and warns that bikes are unusable past that point. Once you leave the bike other people can use it."

A bunch more info:

Hah, simulated desire paths. Lovely.

Back