Final Fantasy VII Remake

The game looks so good, and devs look to be very faithful to many elements of the original.

Kitase will present the game in greater detail on TGS PlayStation stage on Saturday morning.

The only thing that annoys me is the aliasing/dithering/artifacts whatever that is which was also a huge problem in FF15.
Its breaking the visuals of otherwise amazing assets and lighting

The only thing that annoys me is the aliasing/dithering/artifacts whatever that is which was also a huge problem in FF15.
Its breaking the visuals of otherwise amazing assets and lighting
Really hope ID buffer would become common for all hardware, should be quite helpful for such cases. (ID hair, blur bit to hair direction etc.)

Really hope ID buffer would become common for all hardware, should be quite helpful for such cases. (ID hair, blur bit to hair direction etc.)

There is nothing keeping devs from implementing a shader that draws ID's to a separate render target if they feel like they need it. The only thing about PS4Pro is it does that automatically, regardless of if the dev wants it or not, so it feels free.

There is nothing keeping devs from implementing a shader that draws ID's to a separate render target if they feel like they need it. The only thing about PS4Pro is it does that automatically, regardless of if the dev wants it or not, so it feels free.
Yup, many games have used shaders to create id buffer. (Ie. Dark Souls remake on XO)
Pretty sure on Ps4pro It is not generated if developers do not want to use it, they can also select how they use it for. (If it's draw call, object, polygon ID etc, and can be 32, 16 or 8 bits.)

Would be awesome to have it as an option which developers wouldn't have to think about if the hardware doesn't support it when writing software, I'm sure they would find lots of fun uses for it.

They've showed more today early morning. Classic Mode for people who want only to manage ATB skills, minigames, and new boss and summon showcase.

Game still looks stunning. I'm quite amazed that at every showing the game looks better and better, it's one of the best marketing campaigns Square has ever done IMO. Having a great game sure does help.

mmmh... I.. must... not.. purchase... a PS4... just for that game...
(With some luck it will land on PC too after a little while)

Delayed until April 10 unfortunately. Having half-watched my then girlfriend fight the same blobby things in what looked like the same blurry field for what felt like months and months, but having thoroughly enjoyed FF XII Zodiac Age on Switch, I'm really looking forward to FF VII.

It releasing six days before Cyberpunk is a problem though.

It releasing six days before Cyberpunk is a problem though.
This is what I don't get.
They're putting a death sentence on their own game. Cyberpunk is probably the most anticipated game of the year, and they couldn't at least try to distance the release more than a month from it?

Also because frankly this FFVII remake is coming too late. Most of the people who were anticipating it have already moved on, and the formula is now more beaten than ever.

I don't know about it being "more beaten than ever," but it's definitely competing with Cyberpunk for the same audience.

They really should just push it back a few more months to the launch of the PS5. Ideally, make it so the PS5 can use the PS4 disk, and download any additional assets ala high resolution texture packs for the X1X.

ha problem solved ^^
Yeah, I read about the delay just a few minutes back. I had planned a few days off to dive into Cyberpunk but I'll bring that forward a week which saves me a previous day of leave because of Easter and consume FF VII instead. I absolutely hate two anticipated games so close together.

I only recently got into Final Fantasy with FF XII ZA on Switch so this FF VII will be all new to me. I do like what I've seen though.

I ve heard that Cyberpunk also received a delay.
I prefer a delay to get a polished FF7 than something lesser.

I ve heard that Cyberpunk also received a delay.
I prefer a delay to get a polished FF7 than something lesser.

Hmm maybe it won't be like ff15. Delayed, and the game are obviously left unfinished in tons of aspects (now I remember I haven't done the pitioss dungeon).

Or KH3 where it feels polished and complete but it's obvious not all "world" was made with the same development focus.

I just hope whatever the result, the dev team are treated humanely and "forced" to work humanely.

Kinda glad Cyberpunk got pushed back. After all FFVII isn't even the sole title fighting for attention in April. At least I also wanna play Doom Eternal and RE Nemesis.

Back