Death Stranding (DC) [PS4, PS5, PC]

The gameplay videos dont shed light on what is going on or how it is played but it has a lot of "strange" elements like peeing and having to "rock" your baby.
Very peculiar game. The little optional but fun gameplay elements that served like easter eggs in the MGS series, are taking a more prevalent stage in this game

if you do that it erases your save file

i really miss the time when Kojima do 4th-wall breaking stuff like in Psycho Mantis MGS1. Sure even MGS5 have 4th wall breaking moment but its very few (only 1 or 2?) and not as awesome as a boss that can read your miiiiiiind!

btw i wonder, what will hapen if you shake the baby violently or flip the baby upside down? or throw the baby!

A anyway, what happened to the art of great live demos most devs seemed to have perfected last gen?
Kojima has a whole stage demo for the game, and he choses to show half a dozen cutscene snipets, with boring expository dialogue, that despite being long and verbose, barely shed light on the actual premise of the fucking game. Then on the final bit, when gameplay actually comes, the first mechanic he choses to show is the cheeky peeing one. Then there is walking, placing a ladder, and more cutscening. Then awkwardly stiff falling animation and the final shown mechanic is setting the baby to sleep. Those are not necessarely terrible mechanics, but they can't possibly be the meat of the experience. Or, if that IS the meat of the experience, then it must certainly suck. My patience with this game is just starting to fade at this point.

A anyway, what happened to the art of great live demos most devs seemed to have perfected last gen?
Kojima has a whole stage demo for the game, and he choses to show half a dozen cutscene snipets, with boring expository dialogue, that despite being long and verbose, barely shed light on the actual premise of the fucking game. Then on the final bit, when gameplay actually comes, the first mechanic he choses to show is the cheeky peeing one. Then there is walking, placing a ladder, and more cutscening. Then awkwardly stiff falling animation and the final shown mechanic is setting the baby to sleep. Those are not necessarely terrible mechanics, but they can't possibly be the meat of the experience. Or, if that IS the meat of the experience, then it must certainly suck. My patience with this game is just starting to fade at this point.

Literally demoed a scene just so Geoff Knightley could walk out afterwards and say, "I'm in the game!" like we're all supposed to be excited that he's in it.

Apparently you can also use your pee as a weapon. I wonder how you replenish you ammo, by drinking probably? Will you need to relieve yourself in other ways too?

The more I hear about this game, the less I understand it. I'm pretty certain this isn't for me. I hated all the weird stuff in MGS5 - loved the tactical shooter aspect.

The more I hear about this game, the less I understand it. I'm pretty certain this isn't for me. I hated all the weird stuff in MGS5 - loved the tactical shooter aspect.
Yeah it kinda went overboard. I loved the concept of language, but parasites that can be genetically modified at will to give all kinds of super powers, parasites that can understand precisely languages and kill the host if spoken, or how the dead are re-animated in fire by psychic powers because they "sensed" someone's presence was too far fetched even for an MGS game.
Also all these plus the new Metal Gear were far more advanced technologies than anything that appeared in the games that took place in the future.

Back