-Vampires Bloodlines 2
-Atomic Heart
-MechWarrior 5
-Assetto Corsa Competizione

Also a couple of Chinese titles:
-Sword and Fairy 7
-Justice
-Dragon Hound

Titles should only be listed once they are released with RTX features implemented.

So in tracking those indie RTX titles, we have several:
-Stay in the Light
-Bright Memory
-In The Black
-Grimmstar
-Enlisted

And several AAA games:
-Control
-Cyberpunk 2077
-Call Of Duty Modern Warfare
-Watch Dogs Legion
-Doom Eternal
-Wolfenstein Young Blood
-Vampires Bloodlines 2
-Atomic Heart
-MechWarrior 5
-Assetto Corsa Competizione

Also a couple of Chinese titles:
-Sword and Fairy 7
-Justice
-Dragon Hound
Apparently Assetto Corsa Competizione just dropped out indefinitely
https://steamcommunity.com/app/805550/discussions/0/1642038659011501294/

"Our priority is to improve, optimize, and evolve all aspects of ACC. If after our long list of priorities the level of optimization of the title, and the maturity of the technology, permits a full blown implementation of RTX, we will gladly explore the possibility, but as of now there is no reason to steal development resources and time for a very low frame rate implementation."

The same logic applies to any upcoming pc/console games feature list prior to release? Ignore the game developers stated feature list until the game is actually released?

The same logic applies to any upcoming pc/console games feature list prior to release? Ignore the game developers stated feature list until the game is actually released?
Thats not the same at all and i think you know it. This isnt an independently advertised core feature of the game that was planned by the developer. When making a list to demonstrate the prevalence of a technology i think its perfectly reasonable given the above to use only titles that have actually implemented the tech in a shipping. product.

I think we disagree, but you are entitled to your opinion. The developer did have a video demo and stated their intent to implement.
I'd rather avoid targeting specific pre-release game features when you never know what feature set you'll get until product release.

I think we disagree, but you are entitled to your opinion. The developer did have a video demo and stated their intent to implement.
I'd rather avoid targeting specific pre-release game features when you never know what feature set you'll get until product release.
I think its likely that demo was done mostly by nvidia

Starting tomorrow, Microsoft and NVIDIA will announce that Minecraft will have an RTX accelerated official path tracing patch.
Also NVIDIA will announce several more new RTX games, at Gamescom.

I guess now Sonic Ether is out of a job.

I guess now Sonic Ether is out of a job.
Or maybe he got on the job? Maybe the situation will be the same as Quake 2.
Anyway, this upcoming announcement puts the recent cancellation of the graphics update for Minecraft into context, Microsoft may have chosen to focus on one path for a graphical overhaul instead of two.

Is the "Minecraft RTX" separate from the Super Duper Graphics -upgrade? Since the latter just got cancelled last week

The MineCraft update is planned to use DXR not RTX longterm

Actual Blog post about it with snippets below: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/render-dragon-and-nvidia-ray-tracing

"It’ll be playable on Windows 10 with devices that are capable of DirectX R"
"and we plan to expand it to future platforms that support DirectX R raytracing"

We’ll have more news to share later this year, as well as the technical requirements. Naturally, we want your feedback through every step of this process. That’s why we plan to enable you to preview the new ray tracing features by turning on “Optional graphics with RTX” in the settings screen of Minecraft in a future beta. You can expect that feature in the new year. We also plan to enable some of these new features, such as improved emissivity and directional lighting, on other Bedrock platforms! Speaking of which…

The MineCraft update is planned to use DXR not RTX longterm

Actual Blog post about it with snippets below: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/render-dragon-and-nvidia-ray-tracing

"It’ll be playable on Windows 10 with devices that are capable of DirectX R"
"and we plan to expand it to future platforms that support DirectX R raytracing"

We’ll have more news to share later this year, as well as the technical requirements. Naturally, we want your feedback through every step of this process. That’s why we plan to enable you to preview the new ray tracing features by turning on “Optional graphics with RTX” in the settings screen of Minecraft in a future beta. You can expect that feature in the new year. We also plan to enable some of these new features, such as improved emissivity and directional lighting, on other Bedrock platforms! Speaking of which…
Perhaps this is the reason they killed the super graphics pack. This makes much more sense to pursue.

and... I'm glad they did it. I feel like the mod community really put on some pressure to showcase how much better minecraft could look with it on.

That’s why we plan to enable you to preview the new ray tracing features by turning on “Optional graphics with RTX” in the settings screen of Minecraft in a future beta. You can expect that feature in the new year. We also plan to enable some of these new features, such as improved emissivity and directional lighting, on other Bedrock platforms! Speaking of which…
Does that mean the DXR fallback method won't work until a future date?

The new indie title Deliver Us The Moon announced the inclusion of RTX through a video comparison.

In Deliver Us The Moon, GeForce RTX™ is used to enhance the game’s most unique environments, making the space-man experience more immersive than ever before. Light, shadows and reflections behave more realistically and with greater precision, adding additional depth as you explore the lunar surface. The darkness of space never felt so consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back