Intel Gen 11 Graphics Architecture

sounds crazy from 200 dollars with HBM
Is there direct audio of the quotes or was it all dubbed? Isolated quotes and google translate strip a lot of context.
It's possible that this was awkwardly phrased, and that mentioning the capacity and memory type for data center products means he was thinking of capacity and HBM as both being differentiating factors from consumer products.

We're still going to use HBM2 in 2020?
Low-cost HBM has been in presentations for 3 years, and HBM3 should be in the pipeline for next year.
Besides, Intel will probably be using EMIB, which should be a lot cheaper than interposers.

Are there more recent presentations or announcements concerning low-cost HBM? My impression was that it was mentioned three years ago as something Samsung was shopping around to gauge interest. I didn't see news that it found sufficient interest, and in recent times the DRAM makers appear to have indicated that HBM products are focused on the high-margin markets.

Are there more recent presentations or announcements concerning low-cost HBM? My impression was that it was mentioned three years ago as something Samsung was shopping around to gauge interest. I didn't see news that it found sufficient interest, and in recent times the DRAM makers appear to have indicated that HBM products are focused on the high-margin markets.
From discussions I've had, I'm not expecting low-cost HBM any time soon. As you correctly note, the memory manufacturers are very happy with the current state of HBM pricing.

Calm down everybody. It's another case of internet resonant chamber at full power...

No, Raja Koduri Didn't Say Intel's Discrete GPUs Will Debut at $200
by Paul Alcorn August 2, 2019 at 1:38 PM

Russian YouTube channel Pro Hi-Tech posted a video claiming that Raja Koduri, Intel's chief architect and senior vice president of Architecture, Software, and Graphics, said that the company would launch its first discrete graphics card at the $200 price point. After a bit of fact-checking, we found that the comments attributed to Koduri are not accurate.

full story below:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-discrete-gpu-xe-debut-200,40083.html

Calm down everybody. It's another case of internet resonant chamber at full power...

full story below:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-discrete-gpu-xe-debut-200,40083.html
OMG! This slipped entirely past me and I wish it hadn't, I could have gotten it confirmed/corrected that day. My bad.

Yell at me when stuff like that comes up, it's one of the few things I can be useful with so let me be please! :p

EDITED BITS: My daughter was looking up Raja to find out what his educational background was since she's a freshman trying to choose a major and it's basically whatever she wants. She was going to go for art/graphic design/computer graphic design but she's fallen in love with maths and bloody calculus has got her hooked and now she's thinking about being an engineer of some sort.

Anywho, I ended up finding out that Raja is 2 years younger than me. I always thought he looked great for an older guy, but I didn't realize I was the older guy!

Big love and hugs to Raja, Chris, and all the other "traitors" who ran to Intel...as well as all my friends still at AMD. It's nice to have friends at both companies who are good friends with each other, weird but very nice. :)

EDITED BITS: My daughter was looking up Raja to find out what his educational background was since she's a freshman trying to choose a major and it's basically whatever she wants. She was going to go for art/graphic design/computer graphic design but she's fallen in love with maths and bloody calculus has got her hooked and now she's thinking about being an engineer of some sort.

A little OT, but that's fantastic to hear that she's taken to Mathematics. :) Lots of demand for female engineers of all sorts if she decides on that and graduates.

Regards,
SB

Back