Could Matrox make a comeback?

I was watching a How Its Made episode about video cards and the card they were making was a Matrox G400, which got me thinking: could Matrox make a comeback?

They haven't launched a graphics chip of their own for 17 years and they've been using AMD chips for the better part of the last decade, but sure they might be using the bulk of their 200 employees to super secretly develop Parhelia 2 that is going to take the world by storm, without stepping on any of the hundreds of patents related to modern graphics architectures.

They haven't launched a graphics chip of their own for 17 years and they've been using AMD chips for the better part of the last decade, but sure they might be using the bulk of their 200 employees to super secretly develop Parhelia 2 that is going to take the world by storm, without stepping on any of the hundreds of patents related to modern graphics architectures.

Damn, you're right, Parhelia is 17 years old. That makes me feel so very old.

I was watching a How Its Made episode about video cards and the card they were making was a Matrox G400, which got me thinking: could Matrox make a comeback?
They've used GCN for years, I doubt they have any gfx architecture r&d engineers anymore

Back