Florida Man Strikes Again!

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
There's so many far fetched stories that start off with "Florida man ...".

I can't believe this one, and yet here it is...

https://boingboing.net/2019/05/24/after-double-lot-sold-to-separ.html

After double lot sold to separate owners, one of them erects fence through pool and garage

An Orlando homeowner owned a second lot next to the house. He added a pool that straddled the property lines. Then, following foreclosure, the two lots were sold to different owners, one of whom erected a fence. Over the pool. Through the garage.

And my wife is always confused about why I hate it whenever she suggests we go to Florida on vacation, even my kids hate the place! Aside from all the stupid, the insects are horrible!

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...ator-to-shotgun-a-beer-while-cranking-skynyrd

'Florida Man' uses alligator to shotgun a beer while cranking Skynyrd

screen_shot_2019_05_24_at_10.17.28_am_2.5ce808713994a[1].jpg

It’s unclear at this moment if the video was shot in Florida or if this man is in fact from Florida, but cruelty to animals in this state is a first degree misdemeanor, and officials with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission have arrested people for far less.

In 2018, the FWC arrested a heavily intoxicated Florida man who carried a gator into a gas station, and earlier this year another Florida man was arrested for putting a cigarette in a gator’s mouth.

It’s worth mentioning that this is the second video in recent weeks to feature a boating dipshit filming himself mistreating wildlife. A couple of weeks ago, Clearwater lawyer Thomas Cope filmed himself and others yelling “So long, sucker,” to a raccoon they knocked off their boat 20 miles offshore.

Cope is now being investigated by the FWC and the Florida Bar.

is there something wrong with florida? the air or something?

so many "florida man".

I believe all government documents in Florida are considered public unless specifically sealed. I am uncertain if people in Florida are more crazy than other places, but it is much easier there for reporters to find these stories, because of the open document policy.

Most court filings are public records in all states, however sensitive sections need to or may be redacted. That is why my one employer has to redact statements before they file with the courts -- anything resembling SSN, TaxIds, Account Numbers, Bank Accounts, Birthdates, are either fully redacted or masked. If the courts needs the full info, the judge will issue a request to the attorney or the other party will file a special motion with the court for the judge to consider.

https://hightimes.com/news/florida-man-arrested-after-inviting-police-officer-smoke-bowl-with-him/

Florida Man Arrested After Inviting Police Officer to Smoke a Bowl With Him
Florida man Arthur Carracino just wanted officers to smoke a bowl of his proudly homegrown weed.

Another Florida man is under arrest after being too welcoming and inviting toward the police. Bunnell, Florida resident Arthur Carracino just really wanted a pair of Flagler County Sheriff’s deputies to check out his home-grown cannabis plant and smoke a bowl with him. In a body-camera video captured in the wee hours of the morning, Carracino attempts to get the on-duty officer to join him for a puff. And almost reluctantly, that officer ended up arresting Carracino for growing cannabis, which is against the law in Florida.

There’s a very lonely, almost plaintive tone in the way Florida man Arthur Carracino invites a police officer to smoke a bowl with him. “You gotta smoke a bowl with me please,” emphasis on the “please.”

I believe all government documents in Florida are considered public unless specifically sealed. I am uncertain if people in Florida are more crazy than other places, but it is much easier there for reporters to find these stories, because of the open document policy.
Yes this is the chief reason for the stories.
Though one also can't discount the fact that ppl from hotter climates tend to be more stupid, perhaps worthwhile googling the difference of say IQs of USA states graded against their average temperatures. and share I'ld be interested to see the data

Yes this is the chief reason for the stories.
Though one also can't discount the fact that ppl from hotter climates tend to be more stupid, perhaps worthwhile googling the difference of say IQs of USA states graded against their average temperatures. and share I'ld be interested to see the data

Many years ago a member of parliament in Canada insulted a group in Africa suggesting the sun had baked their brains (I don't recall exactly, it may have been people in the ME).
He was ordered by the speaker of the house to apologize, but instead produced scientific evidence to support his claim.

Many years ago a member of parliament in Canada insulted a group in Africa suggesting the sun had baked their brains (I don't recall exactly, it may have been people in the ME).
He was ordered by the speaker of the house to apologize, but instead produced scientific evidence to support his claim.

Singapore seems to have pretty high average IQ for their climate, but maybe it's because they have a lot of air conditioners :)

yes could be, as anyone thats been there can tell you .. ppl dont spend much time outside, wierd its a city of 5 million and yet you can be 2km away in the forest and theres absolutely noone around.
Though with countries etc theres too many other factors that can explain differences, Im more interested within similar countries or even within the same country.
IIRC in the USA a reason to explain it is some sort of worm/parasite? that enters the feet which lives in warmer climes (where you will also goe shoeless more often) which affects a persons abilities

yes could be, as anyone thats been there can tell you .. ppl dont spend much time outside, wierd its a city of 5 million and yet you can be 2km away in the forest and theres absolutely noone around.
Though with countries etc theres too many other factors that can explain differences, Im more interested within similar countries or even within the same country.
IIRC in the USA a reason to explain it is some sort of worm/parasite? that enters the feet which lives in warmer climes (where you will also goe shoeless more often) which affects a persons abilities

I feel like being under heat makes you act more stupid even if otherwise you'd act more sensibly.

This time it's a Woman, and not as bad as the others...

https://www.complex.com/life/2019/0...ool-teacher-criticized-wtf-student-assignment

A high school teacher in Springfield, Florida is facing backlash after she wrote, "Wtf is this" on her student's homework assignment. The unnamed educator, who teaches science at Rutherford high school, added, "Absolutely no credit" underneath the acronym.
School officials, who have refused to release the teacher's name, have confirmed that they are investigating the matter and are taking steps to discipline the woman. “Our HR has been involved and they’re currently investigating the situation,” principle Coy Pilson said.

“She was apologetic and it was a mistake on her part,” Pilson said. “All of the teachers at Rutherford High School are caring, loving teachers and we’re also human and so, we make mistakes, but we understand that we are called to a high professional standard and when we make mistakes, we try to correct those mistakes and move forward.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-cops-arrest-man-stole-pool-floats-personal-sexual-pleasure

Florida cops arrest man who said he stole pool floats to use for sex

A Florida man arrested in the theft of stolen pool floats told cops he used the inflatables for sex instead of raping women, court papers show.

“Defendant stated that he sexually gratifies himself with the pool floats instead of raping women,” the affidavit said.

Monnin was on a bike when cops stopped him at 1:25 a.m. Thursday as a suspicious person. They found him in possession of a garbage bag full of deflated pool floats, the affidavit said.

He was arrested on charges of burglary, criminal mischief and petit theft and booked into the Brevard County Jail on a $15,000 bond.

christopher-monnin.jpg

Not a Florida Man at the time, but he may have been through Florida...

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/nation-world/article231679028.html

Meth-fed ‘attack squirrel’ found caged in Alabama home during drug bust, cops say

An Alabama man is accused of feeding meth to a pet squirrel in order to keep it aggressive, according to a press release from the Limestone County Sheriff’s Office.

Mickey Paulk, 35, of Limestone County in north Alabama, is alleged to have kept the rodent drugged up in his apartment so it could serve as his “attack squirrel,” said the release.

Investigators did not say whom Paulk was hoping the squirrel might attack.

Sheriff’s office officials told the news outlets the squirrel was released because “there was no safe way to test the squirrel for meth,”

I hope he gets all the sentences the others got cummitvely, seems only fair.
But most of all the lack of intelligent on display by him is shocking, to do this wearing a camera, perhaps he thought it was off.

Or perhaps there are more people in the PD that are in on the scheme...

What the fuck is wrong with the policemen in the states?
The cases of power abuse and violence by policemen is scary!
People are either jailed for nothing, sentenced for years for minor or nonexistent offences or even injured or killed by psycho men in uniforms

Back